Patrick Bamford - joins on loan from Chelsea until May 2014

Ambitious

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes now in DET:

PATRICK Bamford will boost Derby County’s attacking options, says head coach Steve McClaren.

The 20-year-old Chelsea striker will join the Rams on Monday in a loan deal that runs for the rest of the season.

He is due to play the final game of his loan spell at MK Dons today when they meet Wigan Athletic in the FA Cup. He has scored 16 goals in 29 appearances for the League One club.

Bamford progressed through Nottingham Forest’s Academy and McClaren, a former Forest manager, has kept tabs on the youngster.

“I knew Patrick when I was at Forest. He was a young talent coming through,” McClaren said.

“In Holland, clubs are always looking at younger players and he was one we looked at when I was at FC Twente.

“Unfortunately, there was not an opportunity to sign him but I continued to follow him.

“He got a big move to Chelsea and I noticed he has done well at MK Dons in the first half of the season.

“He is the type of player and profile of player we want to bring to Derby County, especially at this stage when we are looking to improve the squad for the second half of the season to make sure we have got enough cover in areas.”

Bamford could be in Derby’s squad for their Championship clash against leaders Leicester City at the King Power Stadium next Friday night and McClaren sees the player providing competition for Chris Martin and Derby’s other strikers.

“That is why he is here, to compete in that respect,” McClaren said.

“At the moment, we play with one striker and we also have Conor Sammon, who has done a magnificent job for us, a great job when coming on and making an impact.

“We just felt we needed a third striker to give us a few more options.

“Patrick is a little different to Chrissy and Conor Sammon, a bit more technical, and can play out wide too.”

Because technically he's still on loan to MK Dons so why wouldn't they play him?

Why let them?........Because he gets cup tied for a start.....

Well if he's already played, then ok....otherwise there is no point in him playing in the cup for MK Dons.

P.s. Yes.....he played v Dover.

But i still think if he's coming to us, it would be better if he didn't play in this.

Well if he's already played, then ok....otherwise there is no point in him playing in the cup for MK Dons.

P.s. Yes.....he played v Dover.

But i still think if he's coming to us, it would be better if he didn't play in this.

We have no say in the matter - he is not 'our' player until Monday.

We have no say in the matter - he is not 'our' player until Monday.

exactly my point.

We've one the deal.....so why isn't he here instead of playing in a game which is meaningless for him.

See above.......for goodness sake.

Am I supposed to read the whole thread, then go back to the post I want to comment on?

Because you didn't.

I pointed out in this very thread yesterday that Bamford is already cup-tied.

For goodness sake.

:p

Bamford was a RedDog, he didnt have a clue. but now he plays at Pride Park, he's Derby through and through. He wouldn't sign for Forest he said b******s to that. he signed on for the Derby 'cos Davies is a t**t. (to the tune of my old mans a dustman)

Just seen this on twitter new song

What's Pride Park?

Archived