Xmas Day Dinner

sage

Mashed spuds? Whats that doing there Eddie? Bit " every day of the week" nosh that unless you are going to really tart them up with horseraddish or almonds or sommat. Impressed with 2nds though.

Because I couldn't remember the word 'colcannon' when I typed it.

Mashed spud with leek, cabbage and onion, made with butter and cream.

Also, doesn't everyone drink 2001 Chateau Musar every day of the week? It only works out at about £6 a glass.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched a prog about them,think it was Nigel Slaters kitchen or something reckons best he ever tasted.

There's another company who are just as good, if not better in fact, called Kelly Bronze, owned by a guy called Paul Kelly, who supplies chefs like Jamie Oliver.

His websites handy, and he does an easy guide on how to prepare, cook and carve it.

http://www.kellyturkeys.co.uk/

Also, doesn't everyone drink 2001 Chateau Musar every day of the week? It only works out at about £6 a glass.

Cheers Eddie, I'm nicking colcannon. Sounds laaarvely :-)

Cheers Eddie, I'm nicking colcannon. Sounds laaarvely :-)

Posh bubble n squeak, would be even better if you griddled/fried it....... :cool: :cool: :cool:

A crumbly yet smooth Wensleydale with cranberries. Ah that's divine. Gorgeous with fruit cake.

Cheese and fruitcake? What?!

heard a story the other day about a bloke in a nursing home who has oxo cheese sauce cubes in his porridge to make cheesey porridge.

Oh now come on!! Please don't say you've never heard of or tried Wensleydale with a piece of rich, dark, nut enhanced Christmas cake?!

You haven't lived! It's a classic combination, introduced to me by my Dad years ago.

Oh now come on!! Please don't say you've never heard of or tried Wensleydale with a piece of rich, dark nut enhanced Christmas cake?!

You haven't lived! It's a classic combination, introduced to me by my Dad years ago.

Think I've lived a sheltered life.

heard a story the other day about a bloke in a nursing home who has oxo cheese sauce cubes in his porridge to make cheesey porridge.

They go together brilliantly (cheese and fruitcake).

Not sure about the oxo in porridge. I think I'll file that next to the Kit-e-Kat sandwiches.

Who's having a proper Christmas pudding?

If you want to amaze your family and friends, then use vodka instead of brandy to flame it with. Fanny Craddocks was on fire for a full 7 minutes.

;-)

Archived