World Cup Draw

Shuff264

get rid of his knighthood

Shouldn't have one anyway,

1st goal: Offside.

2nd goal: Even after 47 years and countless replays we still can't be certain that the ball crossed the line,

3rd goal: "Some people are on the pitch" etc. As soon as anyone encroaches upon the field of play, the game should have been stopped.

Therefore,  England lost and it was Hurst's fault because he scored no goals. Q.E.D.  . :p

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not the worst draw ever is it?

Italy are class imo. 3/4 great full back options. Really strong in that position

World class midfield and pretty decent up front but not much depth in equal quality.

Not seen much of Uruguay but what I have seen is that they are pretty wasteful in possession?

I bet England make the quarters.

There are some really interesting groups there, helped by 'weaker' looking teams. I can't think of any good teams that fail to qualify.

There are less poor euro teams than normal, with Belguim obviously great and swiss, russia and bosnia all useful teams. Only greece and croatia could end up looking crap, plus england of course.

The south american teams are all gonna be good as well as at 'home'. The african teams are world cup regulars now and will hopefully go further than usual.

Not sure how good the north amwrican teams are. Not sure if Usa are as good as they used to be and mexico are in a bit of a mess so hard to know how good the others are.

Will be interesting to see how Japan will do as been getting good reviews. Aus seem worse than previously. Anyone know much about south korea? Would be nice to see iran in the final ushering in a new period of iranian led middle east stability meaning it's safe to start going on holiday to iran/iraq etc!

I've come up with what I believe to be the most revolutionary idea of all time. I am talking about an idea which would probably take a FIFA task force years to come up with.

Prepare to be amazed.

Put 32 balls in a pot and draw them out one by one to form 8 random groups of 4 teams.

I know this may sound ridiculously easy but with a few dummy runs I really think this could work.

I'm sick to the back teeth of the footballing authorities 'seeding' teams.

If you want to win a competition you should be able to beat anyone.

The World Cup is already fixed by seeding the qualifying groups.

We are almost at the stage where UEFA/FIFA are hand picking which teams they want to appear in tournaments.

How long will it be before teams knocked out in the group stages of the world cup automatically qualify for the next European championship?!

I've come up with what I believe to be the most revolutionary idea of all time. I am talking about an idea which would probably take a FIFA task force years to come up with.

Prepare to be amazed.

Put 32 balls in a pot and draw them out one by one to form 8 random groups of 4 teams.

I know this may sound ridiculously easy but with a few dummy runs I really think this could work.

We are almost at the stage where UEFA/FIFA are hand picking which teams they want to appear in tournaments.

How long will it be before teams knocked out in the group stages of the world cup automatically qualify for the next European championship?!

Interesting idea. Seeding is actually bit boring, so you got a good point there.

But to automatic qualifying to European championships won't happen as long as its better competition than World Cup...

Prepare to be amazed.

Have you no thought for the poor, oppressed sponsors and advertisers?

Its people like you who are ruining the game!

• 5 months later...

good news for our group

Uruguay have suffered a huge blow in the buildup to their World Cup campaign after Luis Suárez suffered a knee injury in training.

Suárez is expected to undergo surgery in Uruguay today on damage to his meniscus. Recovery from the operation usually takes between four and six weeks but Uruguay are hopeful he will play some part at the World Cup in Brazil.

But it is expected that the Liverpool striker will miss Uruguay's Group D match against Costa Rica, with his place against England and Italy also in doubt.

Suárez was in excellent form for Liverpool in the Premier League this season, scoring 31 goals, and was named the PFA and Football Writers' player of the year. 

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/22/luis-suarez-world-cup-uruguay-injury

good news for our group

Uruguay have suffered a huge blow in the buildup to their World Cup campaign after Luis Suárez suffered a knee injury in training.

Suárez is expected to undergo surgery in Uruguay today on damage to his meniscus. Recovery from the operation usually takes between four and six weeks but Uruguay are hopeful he will play some part at the World Cup in Brazil.

But it is expected that the Liverpool striker will miss Uruguay's Group D match against Costa Rica, with his place against England and Italy also in doubt.

Suárez was in excellent form for Liverpool in the Premier League this season, scoring 31 goals, and was named the PFA and Football Writers' player of the year. 

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/22/luis-suarez-world-cup-uruguay-injury

Oh dear, how very, very sad.

:lol:

Archived