World Cup Draw

Shuff264

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's tough but people are overrating Uruguay..

They're the worst of the 6 South American sides and they're not as powerful as the others..

Uruguay isn't a particularly hot country so they won't have any weather conditioned advantage

Yea, but you know Suarez will still score a hat trick

John Ruddy cannot play!

Yea, but you know Suarez will still score a hat trick

John Ruddy cannot play!

Suarez and Cavani are brilliant strikers...

But they need to get the ball first.. Uruguay aren't exactly possession kings and the way they play is more on the counter.

They're the European equivalent of someone like Croatia but with better strikers.. England are better than them. And I don't even rate England.

Since winning the Copa America Uruguay have been on the slide and were fortunate to even make the World Cup.. Venezuela were in prime postion to make it but blew it at the final hurdle.

Suarez and Cavani are brilliant strikers...

But they need to get the ball first.. Uruguay aren't exactly possession kings and the way they play is more on the counter.

They're the European equivalent of someone like Croatia but with better strikers.. England are better than them. And I don't even rate England.

Since winning the Copa America Uruguay have been on the slide and were fortunate to even make the World Cup.. Venezuela were in prime postion to make it but blew it at the final hurdle.

I never favour England against South American sides! Costa Rica even worries me a little bit...

Beat Uruguay is a must draw with Italy and batter costa rica and we have a chance of topping the group! If it is any team from group c we play I wouldn't be bothered to finish second in the group

Trying to buy quarter final tickets but the phone lines are ever so busy :)

(I'm unsure about the draw but the media will whip everyone up into a frenzy over the next six months before disappoint hits, then we'll find a scapegoat for the failure, perhaps Shrek).

For me the key game is against Uruguay, yes the Amazonian game v Italy (at 2am our time- bring it on!!) will be exhausting, but it will be for Italy as well as England. Costa Rica we should beat (although remember Algeria?) so it boils down to how we do v Uruguay.

Two draws and a win v Costa Rica I reckon, and that could well be enough to go through. Then a 2nd round match v either Colombia, Greece, Ivory Coast or Japan. I rate Colombia and love the way Japan played at the Confed Cup, but it's all speculative from here.

Archived