The things we say...

eddie

OK, 2 months in to McClaren's reign, I've decided to have a wander back in time to see how we took the speculation and the news at the time. The only conclusion that I've come to is that, by and large, we are all idiots. Remember - I do these things so you don't have to. Please note - this is ALL in fun, and no maliciousness is involved.

(on McClaren): "If that numpty gets the job the clubs having my season ticket back and ill go support belper town instead" - whoneedshuls

"Not McClaren please if that was the case then even I would question the removal of Clough" - notts_ram

"We need someone to excite the fans. Someone different. Pullis is the man" - Pej1956

"if mclaren gets the job, i aint going until he has gone (end of december)" - Jacko1983

"I would honestly take 21st place now if he is given the job." - Ambitious

"God help us if its McLaren. Seriously I will call for Clough to come back. And you are welcome to quote me on that." - notts_ram (I did, notts. I did.)

"If we appoint Appleton or Mcclaren then we are going to stay the same as the last 5 years - mid table Championship team." - ChorleyRam

"That's optimistic - I have us down for at least 1 relegation with either of them." - Ambitious

"Puff...puff…pass" - eddie

"Bring back Clough. The campaign starts here !" - Stimacked

"wouldn't want the WOLLY WITH THE BROLLEY .....even if he did it for free   ;-(" - MAD RAM

"my idea of absolute hell is Warncok, McClaren, PEARCE and McLeish!!" - Ambitious

"Well it's Schteeve then. Big mistake, modicum of success at first and disastrous since.Paul Jewell mark 2." - Abu Derby

"Bath and electric toaster are on standby….." - StaffsRam

"I have spent most of the day thinking about who I want, and I´ve decided on McLaren." - zaragozaram (one of us had some sense at the time)

"Would prefer Steve McClaren instead of Tony Pulis and Paolo Di Canio." - Campuzano 

(another one)

I wonder if anyone has changed their mind yet.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that numpty gets the job I'm taking my season ticket back and going to Belper Town is my favourite! Actual Lols

Think this thread highlights a need to keep an open mind to football and possibly life in general. I hope Jill Mallone isn't sneaking back to pride park either, never read such nonsense in my life! Who gives these people columns?

If that bumpy gets the job I'm taking my season ticket back and going to Belper Town is my favourite! Actual Lols

Think this thread highlights a need to keep an open mind to football and possibly life in general. I hope Jill Mallone isn't sneaking back to pride park either, never read such nonsense in my life! Who gives these people columns?

I would like to see what she looks like before I considered giving her my column.

I remember I was too distraught to really even comment at the time. Hellish weekend.

Really? Losing to the scum obviously sucked balls, Clough leaving cheered me up to be honest. Was well ready for a change! Sort of consigned the derby to the past, made it less important almost. Still took endless grief from Red dog friends but found it a lot easier than usual

Really? Losing to the scum obviously sucked balls, Clough leaving cheered me up to be honest. Was well ready for a change! Sort of consigned the derby to the past, made it less important almost. Still took endless grief from Red dog friends but found it a lot easier than usual

Easily, I was seriously pro-Clough, I still think Clough is responsible for a lot of the success we're having now. His players were always good but he was useless. But as far as I was concerned we were getting Pulis or McClaren, two of my least favourite managers (at the time).Tragic.

Archived