Adam Smith's future at Derby

sage

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Wisdom coming in and OB and Whitbread approaching fitness, I can see Smith returning to Spurs. 

I can't. There was a fee with this deal, and a commitment to pay wages. Why would Spurs take him back when there's a legally binding deal? Similarly, why would Derby send back someone they're still paying for...?

I can't. There was a fee with this deal, and a commitment to pay wages. Why would Spurs take him back when there's a legally binding deal? Similarly, why would Derby send back someone they're still paying for...?

Spurs and Smith won't be happy with him not playing and it is difficult to imagine him playing regularly. Obviously Spurs wouldn't just cancel the deal to sit in their reserves. It would depend on another Championship club wanting to loan (and play) him. I would have thought a lower end championship team may want to take him on.

I think Smith has shown little glimpses that he's good enough at this level. Just needs to up his concentration level and make better decisions.

I would have to disagree, but then again it's all about opinions. From what I have seen he is lacking in most departments, poor in the air, can't cope with runners, lacks attacking intent, predictable in possession. He is behind Wisdom and Freeman in my opinion. Whoever signed him wants sacking. :ph34r:  

I would have to disagree, but then again it's all about opinions. From what I have seen he is lacking in most departments, poor in the air, can't cope with runners, lacks attacking intent, predictable in possession. He is behind Wisdom and Freeman in my opinion. Whoever signed him wants sacking. :ph34r:  

I agree, it is about opinions, just thought I saw enough in those first games v Brentford and er.... I cannot remember the other game, but I saw a couple of crunching tackles, a couple of marauding (although drifting inside quite a lot) runs forward and some decent passing. Yes predictable in possession, but some things are developed, others are natural. HIs mind is what I think is lacking. Maybe as Boycie says, he doesn't want to be here, in which case the manager and coaches need to turn his attitude around.

Wisdom is much better defensively than Brayford was. Keogh getting back to form now and Buxton has been excellent. Forsyth has been up and down in terms of form. Had good games against Brighton and Sheff Wed but poor ones against QPR and Forest.  As for Smith, bit weak. Had his moments. Was good at Millwall, Bolton and was good against Leeds and Brentford but both full backs have been targets to get at but now its only the left side now we have Wisdom.

Things are on the up!!!!

Archived