Graham Dorrans

North_Stand_Ram

Are the dogs agin reading on the goggle box Friday?

Apparently not. Notts County are also home this weekend, so the smaller club moved their fixture.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be disappointed if we went for Dorrans. No better than our first choice midfield. Dorrans would be on huge money, probably north of £25k (as our old buddy Tom would say!)

There would be pressure on the management team to play him even if we were paying only half his wages regardless of his form or compatibility with our current players.

Central midfield to choose from of Hughes, Bryson, Hendrick, with Eustace, Bailey, and Cisse on loan, is ok atm. 

There is something about our close knit team ethic that you cannot buy. Ian Holloway alluded to this when he walked out at Palace because he admitted he brought too many new signings into a team that had fought like lions to gain promotion, so upsetting the heart of the squad.

If we are in a good position going into January then I'm all for strengthening, buying a player or two who is a definite improvement, but please Mac and Simmo, keep the faith and invest wisely and sparingly. We've got a good bunch here who seem to like each other and will give everything for DCFC.

Leave the fantasy football to 'Arry and Billy.

Money could be biggest problem. Especially if this part is true:

Albion will let the talented star leave but are looking for Forest to guarantee they will take him on permanently.

The Baggies want around £1.5m for Dorrans and that could test the size of manager Billy Davies' resources at the City Ground.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Transfer-gossip-Nottingham-Forest-line-West-Brom/story-20227812-detail/story.html

Good player but is he really worth those kind of figures and supposedly big salaries? As long as we have Will, I'd say no thanks.

Central midfield to choose from of Hughes, Bryson, Hendrick, with Eustace, Bailey, and Cisse on loan, is ok atm. 

Don't forget Coutts could will return at some point too.

Money could be biggest problem. Especially if this part is true:

Albion will let the talented star leave but are looking for Forest to guarantee they will take him on permanently.

The Baggies want around £1.5m for Dorrans and that could test the size of manager Billy Davies' resources at the City Ground.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Transfer-gossip-Nottingham-Forest-line-West-Brom/story-20227812-detail/story.html

Good player but is he really worth those kind of figures and supposedly big salaries? As long as we have Will, I'd say no thanks.

If those are the kind of figures we're talking then I'd agree that it's probably not worth it at the moment.

It does make me feel positive, when we're being linked with players like Cork and Dorrans (even if it is just paper bs), that if the club do decide that the money offered for Will is just too tempting then at least we seem to be looking at top players to come in. Dorrans and Cork both excelled in their clubs promotions and made some impact on the prem too.

Do we need a central midfielder?

Hendrick, Hughes, Bailey, Bryson, Cisse, Eustace, Ben Davies...

Well, you could say we do if one or more of those is on the way out. Eustace won't be around next season. There are rumours of Hendrick, Hughes and Bryson being pillaged, Cisse is out of contract in January, Ben Davies is out of contract at the end of the season. So potentially, you have a midfield of just Bailey and Coutts...

Well, you could say we do if one or more of those is on the way out. Eustace won't be around next season. There are rumours of Hendrick, Hughes and Bryson being pillaged, Cisse is out of contract in January, Ben Davies is out of contract at the end of the season. So potentially, you have a midfield of just Bailey and Coutts...

And Graham Swann. You ALWAYS overlook Graham Swann. He's a quality bowler Mostyn.

he certainly makes high quality fly-on-the-wall videos, that cannot be denied!

In all seriousness though, I think before a CM, we need a LB.

Even if they rate Forsyth, which most don't, he's one bouncer from Swann away from a broken rib, and we have no replacement.

Even if they rate Forsyth, which most don't, he's one bouncer from Swann away from a broken rib, and we have no replacement

Panesar pi$$es all over bouncers

So do I. At NONO8. While hendrick and obrien dance michael flatleys Lord of the dance. And get injured.

Archived