Reciprocal ticket offer with Barnsley

G STAR RAM

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A shame I'm going to be away as Barnsley is one of my favourite away trips. Not a long drive and a fantastic old-school ground.

A great memory from the promotion season when we took 8000 fans and filled the away end AND a section of the stand at the side. We won 2-1 I think, Matt Oakley scored the second just after the keeper had been knocked unconscious by Gile Barnes!

I doubt we'll get 8000 but the lack of a traditional christmas match this year and the short journey might entice a few more than normal.

As for the news story...any one else detect an undercurrent of a sly dig at Billy's Red Dogs for their away fans shenanigans?

Don't worry, plenty of trains on that day.

Derby to Barnsley can be done for about £15 on train if you buy a Derbyshire Wayfarer which will get you to Sheffield, then a return from Sheffied to Barnsley. You can buy the Wayfarer on buses in Derby saving you even more cash.

I was always going to this, so am delighted the price has been lowered. Myself and my two lads in for £25, fantastic and well done to both clubs. Barnsley is one of my favourite away days - an hour up the road and, as GreenRam said, a good old fashioned stadium with decent folk.

More worryingly, I read the report and my immediate reaction was "eh, the iPro stadium, where.......oh yeah"

Ah. Oakwell..bless.

Ps, get well pops ( he's in Barnsley General, he's poorly).

I'll still laugh at yer though when we beat yer again daddyo :-D

Definitely doing this. It's great that clubs are considering reciprocal arrangements for away travel, because of course it can be a bloody expensive day.

Don't worry, plenty of trains on that day.

Derby to Barnsley can be done for about £15 on train if you buy a Derbyshire Wayfarer which will get you to Sheffield, then a return from Sheffied to Barnsley. You can buy the Wayfarer on buses in Derby saving you even more cash.

from chez vegas it's £7.80 to Barnsley off peak return for one adult and two children with a friends and family rail card. I'm going.

So for those that have been before how far from the train station is oakwell? Is it best to go on the train. I've looked and can get a train via sheffield for £14.50. Proper bargain!

Do it! I'll be doing the same myself. Walki distance from the ground. Great away day.

Torn between boozing in Sheffield before the game or straight to Barnsley. Both are quality away days. Really excited for this one.

£15 train, £15 tickets, 90% of people off work and just over an hour away. Hopefully a massive turn out

Archived