Settled down and we're back on track...

PrivateDerby

The jury is not out for me - we are different class with the new coaching team. Everything is feeling fresher and better on and off the pitch. For the first time in more than 5 years I am really interested and excited again, and I know a number of people who have come back to the club now that Clough has departed. The loan signings have been very well chosen and the way the management have genuinely started to give everyone in the squad a chance to show what they can do makes me realise how poorly run things were before.

We have a genuine chance to have a crack at the top 6 and it feels like we are now finally progressing. Just hope GSE back SM in the transfer window now.

The jury has already deliberated in favour of Super McLaren.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good post PD. It's good there is some positivity around but as far as i'm concerned we are about where we would have been under Nigel. The true test of whether things are better will come in the next 3 months, where we've previously been able to kick on from a promising position.

I think it's good that the fans are coming back and long may that continue. It's nice that there is a 'can-do' feeling about the place but a few posters on here seem to be gloating prematurely in my opinion. We're in a decent position and hopefully we can take some momentum into the christmas fixtures!

Very true, aslong as we make a real go at it and smash teams when possible along the way, I'm happy. Then it's a case of who knows!

I know Sheffield weren't brilliant yesterday but it looked like our lot were really enjoying their football, especially in the last half an hour, not seen that in a while.

One thing I thought with Wisdom and Cisse playing for us, we weren't getting clattered as much as we normally do, just a bit of strength added to Nigel's brill base?

TobyWanKenobi

Some words of praise for Simmo. I can't believe how confident and knowledgeable he seems during interviews and other discussion. It's a really breath of fresh air from many football personalities (I don't just mean Nigel here) not to have an 'eeeeerm' or 'uh' two or three times per sentence.

Even McClaren himself has the odd annoying habit of replying to questions, with questions, and making vaguely sexual noises.

Gibson: Hughes was sublime today wasn't he Steve?
The Mack: Wasn't he? Ooooh. What a player he is, isn't he? Mmmmm.

Some words of praise for Simmo. I can't believe how confident and knowledgeable he seems during interviews and other discussion. It's a really breath of fresh air from many football personalities (I don't just mean Nigel here) not to have an 'eeeeerm' or 'uh' two or three times per sentence.

Even McClaren himself has the odd annoying habit of replying to questions, with questions, and making vaguely sexual noises.

Steve's interviews are as bad as Nigel's were - but from the opposite end of the spectrum. Where Nige was dour and looked like he'd rather be eating his own eyeballs with a rusty spoon than talking to a journalist, Steve looks like he wants to snog the journo with intense, over the top attempts at sincere stares and understanding nods......

Leave it to Simmo Steve.....he seems to have the knack!

I got aroused by just the thought of that.

Answering with question/repeating is just way to get yourself some time to really answer.

No probs with that. (yet)

Steve's interviews are as bad as Nigel's were - but from the opposite end of the spectrum. Where Nige was dour and looked like he'd rather be eating his own eyeballs with a rusty spoon than talking to a journalist, Steve looks like he wants to snog the journo with intense, over the top attempts at sincere stares and understanding nods......

Leave it to Simmo Steve.....he seems to have the knack!

I'm postiing in Jest.

Scchhhteve's aftermatch conference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXczSof201U

Was it my ears or did mac say "plyayersh" on the radio after the match :D

If your ears can say anything at all then you're a better man than I am, Gunga Din

Archived