Settled down and we're back on track...

PrivateDerby

Sorry Sam & Owners

Shouldn't have called you a snake

Shouldn't have put that stupid Clough in board out picture up on here

Shouldn't have hoped for a player protest 

I just liked what Cloughie had built and it upset me  :ph34r:

Having watched, read and listened to the club over the last month, I am very happy with what's happening and excited again. This is not to say I am still not bothered by the way Clough was sacked but what do you do? I've never ran a business so I wouldn't know. Anyway, I like what everyone's saying and doing at Derby, I like Steve and his humble experience and the players seem well up for it so...

UP THE F*CKING RAMS!!! Steve McCLAREN'S HAVING A PARTY!!!

Also cheered up by the fact my old mates have started coming to matches again, it'll be the first time in over 10 years 'us five' will be roaring on the rams together :D

Sorry everyone for the pointless new thread, just hoped Sam the Snake Shrewd and the owners would see it and find it in their hearts to cyber forgive a ram.

I've been on this **** ride long enough to know better.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Sam & Owners

Having watched, read and listened to the club over the last month, I am very happy with what's happening and excited again. This is not to say I am still not bothered by the way Clough was sacked but what do you do? I've never ran a business so I wouldn't know. Anyway, I like what everyone's saying and doing at Derby, I like Steve and his humble experience and the players seem well up for it so...

Also cheered up by the fact my old mates have started coming to matches again, it'll be the first time in over 10 years 'us five' will be roaring on the rams together :D

Sorry everyone for the pointless new thread, just hoped Sam the Snake Shrewd and the owners would see it and find it in their hearts to cyber forgive a ram.

Fair play my friend. We have so many returners, it's difficult to believe. SMC wouldn't have been everyone's choice at first, but he has made a good start and generated excitement around the place.

Fair play indeed! The increased followings away have shocked me, hopefully another big crowd tomorow.

Just all feels like its gone up a level lately, feel like we have a shot of winning every game. We're trying to win every game and playing attacking football, still loads of room for improvement but good base has been laId the last few years.

TobyWanKenobi

I think we were all a little disappointed with how they handled getting rid of Nigel, but now the dust has cleared and we look back at it, the change has seemed to improve everything from performance and work rate on the pitch, to attendance and even the communication from the club feels more open with the YouTube account and such. Everything feels more positive.

I said when Clough went that he should have been given the full season to see where we end up before deciding anything, but he wasn't and now he's the past. Onwards an upwards. It looks very much like playoffs, there or there abouts will be the aim. Looking forward to it.

Fair play indeed! The increased followings away have shocked me, hopefully another big crowd tomorow.

Just all feels like its gone up a level lately, feel like we have a shot of winning every game. We're trying to win every game and playing attacking football, still loads of room for improvement but good base has been laId the last few years.

Yep! Bournemouth tickets arrived today, can't wait! It's been a while since I said that :unsure:

So, where you been?

You think you can just buzz off and not let anyone know? Did you fill in an holiday form? No. You come back on here and start a thread and expect people to join in?

Bris let management know.

Ramnut let the community know

The Hindge had medical leave

3 fine examples. You want a bad example?

So, where you been?

You think you can just buzz off and not let anyone know? Did you fill in an holiday form? No. You come back on here and start a thread and expect people to join in?

Bris let management know.

Ramnut let the community know

The Hindge had medical leave

3 fine examples. You want a bad example?

A friggin' fortnight mate! Yeah but they're far more important than me... 

Is the real PD marching round Pride Park tomorrow?

A friggin' fortnight mate! Yeah but they're far more important than me...

Is the real PD marching round Pride Park tomorrow?

I must admit PD it's out of order. But you have redeemed yourself with the thread. I too feel more optimisic about the rest of the season and taking the club forward. I appreciate the work done over the last four years or so but now i think we can go places.

I must admit PD it's out of order. But you have redeemed yourself with the thread. I too feel more optimisic about the rest of the season and taking the club forward. I appreciate the work done over the last four years or so but now i think we can go places.

Yeah, I think we can, hopefully The Mac can get us near or even in the top six come the end of the season!

Really looking forward to Jeff coming back as he'll definitely drive us forward. He'll be even better alongside Eranio...

Sorry Sam & Owners

Brought a tear to my eye that did............... :wub:

Well done Private for your honest opinion. What you maybe do not realise (depending on how long you have been watching the Rams) is how much of a breath of fresh air this is. Many younger fans will not know this and some older fans will have forgotten this.

It goes back (in my opinion) to the promotion days of Billy Davies. Many younger fans (including my eldest son) loved that season because we got promoted. He knew no better. Many of the older fans were saying that the football was predictable and boring (generally). We were lucky to go up and it wasn't surprising we came straight back down. Listen to the older guys when they talk about the days of Jim Smith and even George Burley.

We eventually brought in Nigel Clough. He was brought in to reduce our wage bill by getting rid of the high earners and to replace them with lesser known, lower earning players who were capable (over a period of time - which was available because of his name) of challeging for promotion.

I for one, think that Nigel did an outstanding job of putting together a low cost squad WITHOUT taking us backwards. We had something to build on but I believe that Nigel's stubbernness and lack of back room experience could not take us any further. The consequences of this unforunately brought us a satandard of football that had become boring, even though we played some gret stuff. Away days have been a chore for over 6 years and even home games had fans turning up, watching a match and going home (like clockwork) even if we won.

I likened it to a stale marriage. The younger fans only ever knew the marriage they were in, some of the older ones had forgotten what a good marriage was like.

Now then, the jury is still out for me regarding McClaren. I think we have the right man but time will tell. We will have ups and downs along the way but let me promise you younger guys something. If the good feeling around the club and fans continue and we are on the up, you ain't seen nothing yet. Get ready for some great games at Pride Park and also away games which you will tell your grandchildren about (if you can get a ticket).

I just hope and pray it doesn't go horribly wrong.

Sorry Sam & Owners

Hey fella, sound post (for a stokie)... 

I was as big a Clough fan as anyone but will admit it was time for a change...jeez, i've seem some lads who i thought had died! :o .

Archived