Stefano Eranio

MichaelParkerDCFC

How's your italian?

Not bad..

I had a conversation with an Italian bloke (he spoke italian) and I understood him pretty well..

And I've never studied Italian let alone live there for 4 years..

It just suprises me when people spend at least 3 years in a country yet can't speak the language fluently.. People like Carlos Tevez who has spent around 7 years in England yet hardly speaks a word is just embarrassing

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not bad..

I had a conversation with an Italian bloke (he spoke italian) and I understood him pretty well..

It just suprises me when people spend at least 3 years in a country yet can't speak the language fluently.. People like Carlos Tevez who has spent around 7 years in England yet hardly speaks a word is just embarrassing

no need to in Italy is there.

Not bad..

Carlos Tevez barely qualifies as human though.

Carlos Tevez barely qualifies as human though.

That's true..

There are many other examples though..

With Real Madrid they spoke english to Khedira and Ozil a good 2 years after they got there..

There is this programme called EDD (el dia despues = the day after) which covers all of La Liga that the cameras don't pick up.. Mainly the dialog on the pitc which can be hilarious... Anyway, Ronaldo was taking a freekick and he was saying to Ozil 'Over, Over' as he clearly didn't understand in Spanish that all Ronaldo wanted was for Ozil to run over or dummy the ball..

How is it possible that after 2 years of being in a country you don't know the word 'Over'

Footballers are paid so much money and have so much free time yet some are so lazy that they can't pay a tiny amount to go to classes everyday in the morning or evening.. I'm not being big headed but I learned another language in 4 months of being in that country.. Yet these guys spend so much time and don't know the basics..

to be fair i know a fella who worked at DCFC in the education of the youth players etc and he always said that the overseas lads took it far more seriously than the the 'homegrown talent'

bris  - you probably learnt the language because you are a bright fella and also  - you give a ****.

(btw - what are you up to now?)

Tom Cruise learnt Japanese in the last samurai.

Watched it last night,

Anyway, carry on.

I was fast-tracked in Japanese at school, there was only two of us who could manage it, and the person with me was the best in the country at our age level. Won competitions at the Japanese Embassy and everything, neither of us have any use for it now. Amazing how quickly you can forget 7 years work. Bloody difficult language too.

You'd have thought football associations would have some kind of scheduled class system for foreign players to learn the language of that country. Seems like something easily paid for, and handy for the players/clubs themselves I'd imagine.

That's true..

With Real Madrid they spoke english to Khedira and Ozil a good 2 years after they got there..

There is this programme called EDD (el dia despues = the day after) which covers all of La Liga that the cameras don't pick up.. Mainly the dialog on the pitc which can be hilarious... Anyway, Ronaldo was taking a freekick and he was saying to Ozil 'Over, Over' as he clearly didn't understand in Spanish that all Ronaldo wanted was for Ozil to run over or dummy the ball..

How is it possible that after 2 years of being in a country you don't know the word 'Over'

Footballers are paid so much money and have so much free time yet some are so lazy that they can't pay a tiny amount to go to classes everyday in the morning or evening.. I'm not being big headed but I learned another language in 4 months of being in that country.. Yet these guys spend so much time and don't know the basics..

I'm learning Dutch at the moment.

And I don't mean Schteve-schpeak.

You think speaking Dutch helps ? :unsure:

Although every Dutch person I've ever met speaks perfect English, there may come the time when I want to work over there - and often the requirement is for bilingual analysts. 

Although every Dutch person I've ever met speaks perfect English, there may come the time when I want to work over there - and often the requirement is for bilingual analysts. 

I think that more you know languages the better. Good for you. :)

That's true..

Did you learn american in Vegas??

That's true..

Some people just pick up languages really easily though, I know I struggled with German. Watched some documentaries about people learning Icelandic and Arabic within weeks or months.

It's probably easier if you live in that country though, so I agree with you to a point. People like Tevez don't give a **** though.

Archived