Open Training Session

L_J_DCFC

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone go this morning. If so, how were the drills? the players? the staff? Who was good? bad? team spirit?

Will be interesting to hear how the coaching staff prepare training sessions and what happens on the training ground every day.

All the players look really happy and worked really hard. Started with the usual warm ups and then goalies went off with Steele. Players did jumping over small bars and then in 2 groups did a one touch passing game that resembled piggy in the middle .

Had two games one was attackers against defenders with 4 teams working on shapes and 10 seconds to get a goal etc. Callum Ball kept rattling goals in. Then an 11aside game which was entertaining. Then shooting practice against keepers Grant and Atkins with the last one to score making the tea. Simmo didn't want certain players to lose as the tea was crap last time. LOL

Simmo IMO is a great assistant/first team coach to have, hes managed teams, Carlisle his local club he did well, thought he did OK for PNE as well. But great having Simmo, McClaren and Steele back at PPS.

I'm not easily impressed by footballers, past or present, but when we spoke to Simmo a couple of weeks ago, he totally won me over. I'm more impressed with his appointment than any in a long time. He's such a football brain it's amazing.

I went won a competition at work to get free coffee... was in the directors box and the board room.... also got a impromptu Q and A with Sam Rush and Colin Gibson only about 10 people there. Not much given away.

Apart from that they maybe trialling moving the away fans into south East corner at the End of March... You guessed it for the Forest Game they will be in South east Corner with an allocation of around 2800 and we will take up the whole of the South Stand.

Thought that was promising and a good idea.

Archived