Football Manager 2014

Dimmu

Soccer Manager is really pants imo. The top teams can buy whoever they want and turn it into a fantasy league. They keep about 50 players in the squad and if you want to buy a player from another user they ask stupid amounts of money. It doesn't take into account wages at all so somehow Villa can afford to buy 5 world class players and stay afloat?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You may be disappointed, compared to that classic!

Yes, I know.

I have no Windows machines any more, so no backwards compatibility to any of my old games.

That said. In classic mode on FM 13 I have reached season 2021/2022. Won the champions league 5 years running... Getting a bit tedious. Mason Bennett is the only survivor. Best signing so far has been Yaya Banana, average rating over the last 6 seasons is 7.8.

That said. In classic mode on FM 13 I have reached season 2021/2022. Won the champions league 5 years running... Getting a bit tedious. Mason Bennett is the only survivor. Best signing so far has been Yaya Banana, average rating over the last 6 seasons is 7.8.

Try regular mode then.

Yes, I know.

I have no Windows machines any more, so no backwards compatibility to any of my old games.

Championship Manager 2008 is on Steam for £1.12 if you're looking for a more recent but still old school manager game,

I picked it up just to try a CM game (always heard about them and never tried one) and given it's 2008 I thought trying to keep Derby in the Prem would offer a reason to keep playing.

is classic easier than regular?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had an FM12 game where I got Blyth Spartans to Premier League Champions. Beat florist 9-0 at the city ground in League 1 on my way up.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

As a matter of principle, whenever I start a game on any FM my first order of business is to load up the editor and wipe out Forest's squad, while also putting them massively into debt.

No matter how well I do there on out, I can always amuse myself by seeing Forest drop out of the league structure into the pub leagues where they belong.

• 1 month later...

unbelievable.

I'm about 3 seasons in. Having got promoted, then finished 5th in Prem, then 4th in Prem, but on Tuesday, I was coming to the end of the third season, and my inbox was "In a display of incredible generosity, the Derby board have decided to award you a sum in the region of £500m to spend on players and a new stadium. Please confirm your acceptance".

Here's me thinking "oh GSE you beauties, I knew you would come good!",

Only when I clicked to accept, I got an April Fools pop-up! It was April 1st on the game, AND April 1st in the real world!

Grrrr

• 3 months later...

Billy Davies always does well with Forest on FM. It's horrible to watch. Especially since he doesn't do anything with their squad. He finished 4th with them with the same average ***** they have in real life. 

I must be really shit at FM or something anyway, can't get out of the bottom 5 in the Prem. Can't attract any good players. Stuck with an average squad going nowhere. Mason Bennett and Hendrick haven't developed into anything any good and Will Hughes wants to leave every two minutes.

Archived