Racism Row

Bris Vegas

It's kicking off in America right now too as the LA Clippers owner has been recorded making racist remarks. The players refused to wear their warm up gear tonight. Expect them to make a bigger stand on Tuesday nights game at home. The league is making a decision on what to do before then.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the game, Alves said: "I've been here 11 years and I've been suffering this the whole time, so I just face it with humour.

"We aren't going to change things easily. If you don't give it importance, they don't achieve their objective.

"I don't know who threw the banana but I want to thank him. It gave me the energy to put two more crosses in for our goals."

Get that guy a medal.

I wonder how Sol Campbell or Michael Johnson would have reacted

After the game, Alves said: "I've been here 11 years and I've been suffering this the whole time, so I just face it with humour.

"We aren't going to change things easily. If you don't give it importance, they don't achieve their objective.

"I don't know who threw the banana but I want to thank him. It gave me the energy to put two more crosses in for our goals."

Get that guy a medal.

I wonder how Sol Campbell or Michael Johnson would have reacted

Totally agree...

Why do people say he dived here? There was clear contact with is foot...

Ableit not by Pepe's foot but by the ball..

It would still clearly hurt as Pepe went in with a huge amount of force...

That incident is the equivalent of putting your face the other side of a punch bag and Manny Pacquiao giving it a bang. Are you just going to stand there? No, you'll be on the floor holding your face in pain.

Why do people say he dived here? There was clear contact with is foot...

Ableit not by Pepe's foot but by the ball..

It would still clearly hurt as Pepe went in with a huge amount of force...

That incident is the equivalent of putting your face the other side of a punch bag and Manny Pacquiao giving it a bang. Are you just going to stand there? No, you'll be on the floor holding your face in pain.

No contact, I can understand getting out the way but the rolling around like he's been shot.....knob.

No contact, I can understand getting out the way but the rolling around like he's been shot.....knob.

There was contact, and it would have hurt - clearly as he's holding his ankle.

Sending off? Possibly not, but you run the risk by lunging in with a knee-high studs up challenge. Plus Pepe is an absolute arse and fully deserves it

There was contact, and it would have hurt - clearly as he's holding his ankle.

Sending off? Possibly not, but you run the risk by lunging in with a knee-high studs up challenge. Plus Pepe is an absolute arse and fully deserves it

Clearly. Rivaldo, anyone?

Yeh because the two are distinctly alike... What with the Turkish player launching a full-force studs up challenge at Rivaldo which just happened to hit him in the head.

The point I'm making, Bris, is that Spanish players are just as big fairies as anyone else - and saying "Clearly he was hurt because he was holding his ankle" is just silly. 

Where that are alike is that both conned the ref.

There was zero contact, Alves conned the ref simple as. Yes it was a high boot, possible yellow but that reaction was ridiculous. Did he go off injured?

There was 100% contact... If you say there is zero contact you are either blind or just purposely lying.

There was zero contact between Pepe's foot and Alves, but 100% contact between the force of Pepe lunging in at the ball with Alves' foot the other side.

There was like no gap between the three objects at impact it would have hurt.

Again, if you jst blatantly ignore the facts, put your face the other side of a punch bag and let Carl Froch have a bang. Tell me then if there is contact and whether it hurts or not.

Archived