Proud of

Cisse

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you proud of the individuals in the royal family or the monarchy as an institution?

The fact that David Cameron is 5th cousin to the queen tends to colour my judgement.

I'm proud of many of it's individuals as they work so hard and I'm proud of the institution.

Concorde (with the French), the rail network, NHS and natural parks.

A shame the first one was unsustainable, the next two are slowly getting destroyed as will the latter.

Privatise the NHS for me. Here in Japan we have the finest health system. Everyone pays in (you have to by law), there are no waiting lists, taxes are low, the infrastructure is great and nobody complains. 

It's to my shame I can't remember the name of the bloke who invented/developed the internet but he was British and I think that's something to be proud of, good old boy.

The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones (and others) have earned this country billions and made some bangin' tunes, proud of that.

Bomber Command, really admire those guys, the ladies that delivered new aircraft to the RAF during WW2, THEY should have got on the back of banknotes in my opinion, never even got a look in. Not products I know but if mcsilks can have the monarchy....

Isombard Kingdom Brunel, he didn't **** about, built some good stuff.

The Gherkin, a marvelous piece of architecture I never tire of seeing.

Archived