Why no comments Stateside?

Abu Derby

After all of the shenanigan's going off at Pride Park over the past week, the silence from the "ownership group" is deafening.

It seems very odd that Andy Appelby et al have not made any statements of any kind regarding the management changes and what they expect to achieve.

Rush is their puppet over here but ultimately the buck stops Stateside.

I think it's a very poor show from these annonymous reclusives.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After all of the shenanigan's going off at Pride Park over the past week, the silence from the "ownership group" is deafening.

It seems very odd that Andy Appelby et al have not made any statements of any kind regarding the management changes and what they expect to achieve.

Rush is their puppet over here but ultimately the buck stops Stateside.

I think it's a very poor show from these annonymous reclusives.

They're scared to thank Nigel because of the backlash on here? :ph34r:

My last comment on the matter and it's in no way absolving them of any blame. I won't change my spots, I was (and still am) fully behind Clough and will always think they should have handled it better.

I do believe they made the decision for what they feel are the right reasons. They honestly feel that this is best for Derby County

I dont agree with it at all, but I can't keep criticising them for it, I think they've got it wrong but I don't put 8m quid a year into the side.

I always appreciated Andy Appleby for being so ready to answer even the most direct of emails and even though I'm totally gutted at the way it was done, they think that this move was right. They think we'd peaked and with McClaren in charge they expect to push on.

I think they've got it wrong, I don't think he's the right man, but then I calm down and think of all the mistakes I made in life and in business and I've got to be honest and say even if they have got it wrong, so what, it's their right to make mistakes. Just because I don't like this particular mistake makes it worse for me personally.

I don't think they'll over comment publicly but I've always known them to reply to any issues you have. Drop him a mail if you want to hear from him.

I think they know as well that there will be a backlash if they have got it wrong. For the last few years I've really liked Andy Appleby and respected the way he's done things, they've damaged that massively but I can't do an about face and start hating him or them as people. They think it's right and it's a decision they've got to live or die by.

As usual, 3 points today will shut everyone up.

What could they possibly say that hasn't already been said?

What ever they say could always be seen as either being insincere or condescending, or seen as being divisive.

In this case, I think they're better off not saying a thing.

As has been said previously, it's their decision, they own the club.

Whenever Appelby and Glick spoke it was spin, spin, spin, more spin, go back to America, what's Gadsby upto blah blah...

What could Appelby possibly have said that would have made those in mourning feel any better?

Rush is the CEO and he's spoke at length about the decision, would Appelby have come out and said he was furious at Clough's sacking, Nigel was our man, wait until I get hold of him in the morning.

Everyone talks about wanting to shake Clough's hand, I want to shake Rush's hand and with the other hand cop a feel of his balls because they must be huge! I bet he sat many a hour sat in his office stroking that goatee and considering the fan back lash, you know what **** the fans, they might hate me in the short term but when we're in the Premiership under McClaren they will be queuing up to polish my head.

I had a hard on when I heard the 2 and a half year contract McClaren got, no more 5 year plans of tip towing up the table. I don't even care if they suddenly throw millions at McClaren when they were as tight as a gnats ass with Nigel, maybe just maybe they didn't trust Nigel and his scouting network, fair enough, Nigel had no right to any kind of transfer budget, he would have known what he was getting himself into and again when he signed a new contract. Poor Nigel? I guarentee he won't be poor nor will his mates.

I don't want to hear anything from Stateside, Appelby stay in your office and do whatever it is you do. Now it's time to let the football do the talking.

I doubt very much they'll throw millions at McClaren, I just can't see it happening.

I hope I'm proved wrong though. We'll see.

I don't think they will either tbh and I think that's why we've gone with McClaren with his links abroad. I love a British team I really do but when we're on a budget it seems daft not to tap into the foreign market. Rush being involved with agents will know this and must have been frustrated, seems like an ambitious guy to me, isn't that what we all want?

Nigel refused to jump on board with it, sticking with his brother without a passport and ultimately lost his job. Not like he didn't have a chance so all this poor Nigel doesn't wash with me, timing wasn't great but then why wait, if McClaren was the man he wanted we had to move quick before he signed a new deal at QPR.

Anyway, circles and all that. Better win today, be a bloodbath on here if not.

The least said by The Americans the better. Sam Rush has said it all.

Personally I think they have no class, no football sense and do not care about the fans. Their strategy now is to get their money back and f*ck off. And I'll be happy to say good riddance!

Having said that, Steve McClaren is a very good coach. He did a great job for Derby in the 90's. I hope he carries on what Clough started. He's inherited a young, talented squad with value in it, unlike the expensive dross Clough inherited in 2009. Hood luck Steve, Simmo and Eric!

If a store manager at Tesco was sacked would you expect the shareholders to make an announcement?

There are a multitude of managers at Tesco throughout Britain; there is only one at Pride Park who manages the football team.

The two cant be compared.

Do you believe that Rush acted alone in sacking Clough?

If not, then why has there been no statement whatsoever from the chairman who represents all of the ownership group?

There are a multitude of managers at Tesco throughout Britain; there is only one at Pride Park who manages the football team.

If not, then why has there been no statement whatsoever from the chairman who represents all of the ownership group?

To say what? What would they say that was different to what has already been said? How could they placate the fans? The CEO is their mouthpiece and he has spoken. Do we really need a comment from every investor as well?

The company has said what they will say. It's done, I don't need to hear from everyone at the club, everyone who's ever worked with Nigel in the past or anyone who has decided that Nigel was so important they'll now not support the club. I want to hear from McClaren and the players.....about the game!!!

So do I!

I also want to know how they plan on moving us forward. Change of manager - all well and good. To take us to the next level we require quality players and a larger squad, all of which won't come cheaply.

Saying nothing to supporters of the club (the lifeblood) with respect to their intentions after the upheaval of this week, seems to me to underline the fact that they are somehow expecting a miraculous promotion with what we already have.

Why don't you email Andy Appleby ? He's always been decent enough to reply to emails over the years and never hesitated answering questions. What can he say that Sam Rush hasn't already?

Next level - top six side

Better coaching staff

Arguably a better manager

A better scouting network looking likely

Wassall staying

The club admitting there's money in the pot

So many positives!

Because that is what they pay Rush to do.

What are you hoping to hear from owners that Rush has not already said?

Their strategy now is to get their money back and f*ck off. And I'll be happy to say good riddance!

They've never been here to do anything but make money. Clough wasn't part of some master plan, its about Prem football. They no longer thought Clough was the man. I'll welcome the day they sell because chances are, in doing so the club will be in a better position than when they took over.

Archived