Who of the 22 squad will McLaren get rid of asap ?

sausagemeat

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keough,Forsythe,Smith,Bailey,Russell,Sammon for starters,gradually get rid of the rest.

Never had you figured as a Jake Buxton fan.

It will be interesting to see how some of the players push on with the new coaching regime, players like Freeman, Jacobs and Sammon may improve and come more consistent given quality coaching.

I can't be a coincidence that we see players come in and fade away before resurrecting their careers elsewhere.

Who will be the first few out ?

Theres a lot to get rid of TBH.

Initially - Bucko, Sammon ,Forsyth , Freeman , Deeney ,??

I would think Grant, Lego,  Deeney, Smith, Freeman, Buxton, Keogh, Forsyth, Coutts, Hughes, Hendrick, Eustace, Bryson, Ward, Davies, Jacobs, Martin, Sammon and Bennett . Keep the others though. 

I would think Grant, Lego,  Deeney, Smith, Freeman, Buxton, Keogh, Forsyth, Coutts, Hughes, Hendrick, Eustace, Bryson, Ward, Davies, Jacobs, Martin, Sammon and Bennett . Keep the others though. 

So just Russell up front and Whitbread at the back without anyone else on the field? I like it, the sort of out-of-the-box thinking we need

So just Russell up front and Whitbread at the back without anyone else on the field? I like it, the sort of out-of-the-box thinking we need

Play a 101 formation and blame Goldstein. It worked for Big Brother.

Exactly. Sam throws the ball out to Whitbread, who nutmegs a few then passes to JR, who finishes with aplomb. Saves on wages, big time :)

I wouldn't personally get rid of anyone - Deeney aside.

We lack strength in depth so even if current first 11 players are replaced you'd think they would step down to back-up and rotation.

I think all the current squad have a positive role to play and it's up to the new coaching staff to see if they can get the best out of them. After all that was one of the accusations leveled at Clough.

Big changes to the squad too soon could be disruptive and I think all the players have something to offer.

ward can't be arsed half the time, i'd get rid whatever the price.

Tue's night at one point he just stood and watched his man run into the box, they nearly scored from it we were all shouting at the lazy arse.

Watch him start playing blinders now :lol:

I wouldn't personally get rid of anyone - Deeney aside.

We lack strength in depth so even if current first 11 players are replaced you'd think they would step down to back-up and rotation.

I think all the current squad have a positive role to play and it's up to the new coaching staff to see if they can get the best out of them. After all that was one of the accusations leveled at Clough.

Big changes to the squad too soon could be disruptive and I think all the players have something to offer.

I agree mate, think we will be adding to the squad not depleting it, perhaps one or two key signings

I am sure that Mac and Simmo will think they can improve the rest with some intense coaching etc..

particularly Freeman,  Smith, Russell etc.. perhaps even Couts and Forsythe  .

Archived