Clough Has Gone

Shuff264

He started work in January. He had ample time to make a decision and get a manager in over the summer if he didn't fancy clough. Instead he's left it til what, 9 games into the season, meaning we'll end up with a manager without his own squad and no real opportunity to change it. Stupid decision.

That's why Rush has the job and you have not :p

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stinks of Rush wanting 'his own man' behind the wheel.

Gutted. If Pulis gets the job I'll be even more gutted.

getting to the prem isnt really that important, playing decent football and being in the top 6 would do me. im premaphobic after our previous season there. i just want to see us do well in this league and get decent attendances, i'd be happy with how cardiff was doing in the 5 or 6 seasons before they got promoted.

Totally shocked by this I know clough didn't have a plan b but I'd hate to see what happens know Hughes won't be here much longer. The football was starting well some good wins away record perfect just needed the home form sorting and wed be in with a shout but oh well.

think on Tuesday we should have a sing song for 10 minutes to thank clough for sorting us out.

just hope whoever comes in has that quality to take us to top 6 and the fans give him time.

thank you nigel and no hard feelings and thanks for giving Hughes hendrick etc there first team debuts :)

Totally shocked by this I know clough didn't have a plan b but I'd hate to see what happens know Hughes won't be here much longer. The football was starting well some good wins away record perfect just needed the home form sorting and wed be in with a shout but oh well.

think on Tuesday we should have a sing song for 10 minutes to thank clough for sorting us out.

just hope whoever comes in has that quality to take us to top 6 and the fans give him time.

thank you nigel and no hard feelings and thanks for giving Hughes hendrick etc there first team debuts :)

top 6 is out of the question, we can only make loan signings until january and by then it might be too late.

Sam rush to me seems a very ambitious man and i believe he wants quick success.All this top 6 campaign is mainly his doing 

every team wants to win every game but he has come out and set a target which wasn't there previous seasons before it was about improvement.But he seems to lack knowledge of actual football and dosent know the process in which we are doing takes time and if he would be better off with a warnock who can bring in brigade of derry,hill etc and win ugly get you up only to turn round and say now that 40 Million we need?.

I am really angry as i was only really allowed such access into the clubs training ground because of nigel and darren and it also feels like im unsure of whether im allowed now.

You have to take in other factors.

His time here resulted in an average Derby side. We were worse before he got here but over the last couple of seasons the team perhaps could have performed better. He's left a decent bunch of players. Better than what he picked up.

Not disastrous.

Maybe he could have done more with his own players.

I think thats an honest appraisal. One of my biggest gripes with Clough is that he didnt seem to get the best out of the players he had. Not saying that they are all world beaters just thought he could have got an extra 10% out of them and for whatever reason didnt

I'm not shocked by the decision but I'm disgusted that he has been sacked over the phone and that it appears someone has already been lined up, suggesting that they had already been approached before today. That shows a total lack of class by the board and a terrible lack of respect for Nigel's efforts. He deserved better.

It's Saturday evening, probably about 5.00pm (I'm guessing). Derby have lost to Florest and after the game Sam Rush and a number of Board Directors (not necessarily the same people as investors) have a conference call to discuss the announcement of Nigel going. That topic has been discussed between them for the last one or two weeks at least and approaches have already been made to at least one person but the final decision has not yet been made. That person has said that they will come to Derby. The decision is made to tell Nigel and make a public statement tonight.

As CEO Sam Rush is the right person to break the news. Nigel is one of his team. Nigel is rung at home and invited to come to PP for a meeting this evening to be told in person, but he knows what's coming and asks to be told over the phone. He's at home and doesn't want to drive in to get news that he can't alter.

Being told that you are being sacked is crap. The way of doing so can make it a bit better but not much and I wouldn't blame Sam Rush for it being over the phone.

Nigel will be hurting tonight and his phone will be full of messages of support. He's had two major managerial jobs and not been in this position before. He will also be worried about his coaching team. It will get better for him over time (and I do speak from personal experience). Let's hope it does for the Rams too

Sam rush to me seems a very ambitious man and i believe he wants quick success.All this top 6 campaign is mainly his doing

every team wants to win every game but he has come out and set a target which wasn't there previous seasons before it was about improvement.But he seems to lack knowledge of actual football and dosent know the process in which we are doing takes time and if he would be better off with a warnock who can bring in brigade of derry,hill etc and win ugly get you up only to turn round and say now that 40 Million we need?.

I am really angry as i was only really allowed such access into the clubs training ground because of nigel and darren and it also feels like im unsure of whether im allowed now.

I think he has a lot more knowledge on football than Glick ever had, I went to one of the forums and he actually came over and spoke with me Andy father for about ten minutes and what came across was that he enjoyed talking football and he talked like a fan with a business brain, I'm not saying he is without his faults, but to say he hasn't got much football knowledge is a bit off the mark. I can only compare to Glick under this regime.

Possible replacements.

Alan Curbishley - ex-Charlton, West Ham United

Sean Dyche - Burnley

Roy Keane - ex-Sunderland and Ipswich

Steve McLaren - ex-Middlesborough and England

Alex McLeish - ex-Nottingham Forest, Birmingham, Aston Villa

Martin O'Neill - ex-Celtic, Aston Villa, Sunderland

Stuart Pearce - ex-Nottingham Forest, England U21s

Gus Poyet - ex-Brighton

Tony Pulis - ex-Stoke

Peter Reid - ex-Manchester City, Sunderland

Neil Warnock - ex-Shefield United, QPR, Leeds United

seeing as he was there today obvious replacement looks like pulis.

Archived