Colin Bloomfield

MrsRam

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

Bless him, he's great on the Breakfast Show, always sounds positive despite what's happening. So hope he gets some good news soon.

Keep battling Colin xx

• 1 month later...

Looks like bad news for our Bloomers...

So the CT scans show I might as well have been taking Paracetamol the last few months, for all the good it's done!New drug starting soon.

https://twitter.com/ColinBloomfield/status/451659639344881664

A BBC Radio Derby presenter who is battling cancer says he is “remaining positive but realistic” after tests confirmed his tumours have grown.

Colin Bloomfield, who presents the breakfast show, was diagnosed with the disease last year.

He was put on a 12-week trial on an immunotherapy treatment to shrink tumours in his lungs and hip.

But new tests have confirmed the drug has not worked. He will start a treatment, called Ipilimumab, in the next few weeks.

The 32-year-old said: “I could feel the tumours under my skin so I knew that the drug was not working.

“The probability is that cancer will kill me because there is not a cure but I am hoping this new drug stabilises me for the time being.”

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Radio-Derby-s-Colin-Bloomfield-says-cancer-battle/story-20899178-detail/story.html

Bloody $hit disease

• 1 month later...

Colin himself tweeted earlier that his dad passed away yesterday. Very sad news, absolutely gutted for him & his family who are just having the worst time.

Big hugs Colin xxx

Colin himself tweeted earlier that his dad passed away yesterday. Very sad news, absolutely gutted for him & his family who are just having the worst time.

Big hugs Colin xxx

crikey, his dad was his hero I think, such a shame. Life can be cruel.

Archived