Colin Bloomfield

MrsRam

Simon Hare ‏@SimonHareBBC 26m Get well soon to nicest man in radio “@BBCDerby: Colin Bloomfield will be taking a break from breakfast show to be treated for skin cancer.”

Blimey - get well soon Colin.xx

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gutted for him. Some of the leasions (sp) which wrre found turned out to be internal birthmarks but they seem to think the cancer could have spread to his lungs.

Get well soon Colin, keep fighting love xx

• 2 weeks later...

Colin Bloomfield @ColinBloomfield 1h

Unfortunately the biopsy showed the skin cancer has spread to my lungs - they took out a couple of tumours-not the results I was hoping for.

Oh no Bloomers. Hope you can fight this and get well soon. xx

Colin Bloomfield ‏@ColinBloomfield 1h

Unfortunately the biopsy showed the skin cancer has spread to my lungs - they took out a couple of tumours-not the results I was hoping for.

Oh no Bloomers. Hope you can fight this and get well soon. xx

Bad, bad news...

it can happen to anyone, at any time. My girlfriend had it since she was 13 without knowing, and was diagnosed at 16 and treated. 

I met a lot of people who died during the time my missus had cancer, all young people who openly talked about their futures when they got better, a lot of them didn't - it's very hard to take. The sooner we cure this, the better for humanity.

Bad, bad news...

it can happen to anyone, at any time. My girlfriend had it since she was 13 without knowing, and was diagnosed at 16 and treated. 

I met a lot of people who died during the time my missus had cancer, all young people who openly talked about their futures when they got better, a lot of them didn't - it's very hard to take. The sooner we cure this, the better for humanity.

Was it you who mentioned your lady having it a while ago mate? Remember somebody saying that everything was still up in the air?

Was it you who mentioned your lady having it a while ago mate? Remember somebody saying that everything was still up in the air?

Erm, yeah probably was me.

but it's been sorted for a couple years now, which is good - still worrying about the smallest things, but bound to. 

Everything is all good so far, unfortunately everyone she sort of knew in hospital died - that was hard for her.

Erm, yeah probably was me.

but it's been sorted for a couple years now, which is good - still worrying about the smallest things, but bound to. 

Everything is all good so far, unfortunately everyone she sort of knew in hospital died - that was hard for her.

Bet it was, glad things are sorted. 

Archived