Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Boycie

Probably in the wrong state of mind to comment.............but.........I find it hard to see what ANY manager could do with Clough's squad. We are what we are.

Edited that. Clough might not have had a lot to work with but it is his squad, hes never indicated to the fans he was unhappy with the support from the board.

I feel this season something has to give. We aren't going to finish in the play-offs this year (IMO only) and so either the manager or the board must be brought to account (at season end) as to why we will fail to meet our footballing aims (again). I'd have more respect for Clough if he was to come out and say we can't achieve the aims of the board (and the fans) without spending more money, because he isn't saying this he is leaving himself wide open to the potential repository of blame. Does he think the playoffs is possible with his budget? Unless he says otherwise, I take it as a yes.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The concern for me would be that we just cannot break down a well organised side. The marking on the corner was dreadful, but if we do not create chances we keep the pressure on our defence.

It is enough to say we played well without really creating anything? Is that even playing well? I have never been the biggest fan of Buxton, but he has been so much better than Keogh this season. Beginning to feel our captain is a liability.

As for the post game interview. I don't know what to say!

Really disappointed with the way Forsyth has started his permanent contract. Any pressure at all, however slight and he blindly hoofs. I could do that. Keogh is as bad.

Forsyth and Smith seem to defend space and not the ball. Keogh doesn't have any awareness at all

Really disappointed with the way Forsyth has started his permanent contract. Any pressure at all, however slight and he blindly hoofs. I could do that. Keogh is as bad.

Forsyth and Smith seem to defend space and not the ball. Keogh doesn't have any awareness at all

i'm not impressed with forsyths hoof this seasons or lsst he may improve with time.

I'm really don't like being negative, but I'm afraid Clough must be dismissed from his post. He has assembled this squad and has participated in a mutual relationship with the board of non-ambition.

Our full backs are not good enough (we have removed a number that were better than them in the past 4 years), none of our 3 forwards are good enough (it looks like Clough has repeated the Maguire mistake with Russel), and NC is in complete denial talking up a top 6 finish this year.

He must be joking!

The fans deserve more excitement than he is offering on and off the pitch.

PEJ

I'm actually genuinely happy we got beaten by Forest. At least that way when we have another train wreck of a season it will stop all the delusional looking back and saying despite another poor league showing we managed to beat Forest at their place so it must have been a good season in retrospect.

Archived