Well...... I managed it

Mafiabob

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well into my thirties now! Roughly ran the same time last year but I was way back from the start this year so had to pass and dodge loads of stragglers!

My daughter ran it  - 1st road race for her, only started running 6 months ago. Mid-20's with two young lads, so difficult to get the training in.

Started at the back, did 2-29. She's got the bug now, wants to go for a better time. Got to go some to better her dad though!

I'm 63 and I'm thinking I could easily run a marathon again.

I couldn't and haven't, but I've thought it before!

I've lived in the North East for 30 years. Lots of my mates have run it and I'm very pleased for them. I'm also very pleased that I've evaded all attempts to get me involved! Too late now. Not quite quick enough They pack away before Monday apparently. Very little rain in the North East generally but McRam is right about the Ladies!

Completed my second Great North Run today in the gales and rain in approximately 1:55!!!!! Cracking atmosphere and the last mile of the race is amazing!

By the way, forgot to say well done, it takes dedication to get in condition to run 13 miles, not forgetting the 192 1/2 yards!

Respect , Bob , well done !!

You ever run a full marathon ?

No not yet, I've done two great north runs, a Robin Hood half marathon in notts, 3 Derby 10ks, only started running start of 2011 to lose weight!

No not yet, I've done two great north runs, a Robin Hood half marathon in notts, 3 Derby 10ks, only started running start of 2011 to lose weight!

How old when you took up running Bob?

i was 38 after a glorious (!!!????) career in Sunday football. Did the first Derby 10k in me Rams shirt and outsprinted a chap wearing a Lessta shirt to the finishing line in front of the East Stand  :D

Did a few 1/2 marathons, best time was 1.38. Sadly only do an occasional jog nowadays as I have knees like Paul McGrath..... :(

Archived