8. Holland

9. Uruguay

10. Portugal

11. France

12. Sweden

13. Russia

14. Mexico

15. Croatia

Crikey, I can't say I agree with that. Where do Derby County appear on your list? - lol.

We SHOULD beat Montenegro, and even though we SHOULD also beat Poland, if Poland manage to get something in Ukraine then a draw, possibly even defeat would see us through in the last round of matchs. I have am confident that we will be in Brazil, but we'll need a lucky break to be contenders.

Crikey, I can't say I agree with that. Where do Derby County appear on your list? - lol.

We SHOULD beat Montenegro, and even though we SHOULD also beat Poland, if Poland manage to get something in Ukraine then a draw, possibly even defeat would see us through in the last round of matchs. I have am confident that we will be in Brazil, but we'll need a lucky break to be contenders.

Where would you say we should place? just do a list of 15.

player for player? Holland have better strikeforce, worst midfield, a lot worse defensively. Belgium have an impressive starting 11 (with tiny gaps) but poor quality past that. Uraguay have a better strike force, worst than us defensively, and midfield. Portugal are worse than us on all accounts for me... France, man for man are probably better in fairness but haven't played well together for years. Sweden have one man who can hurt us, apart from him they don't have a single player that would make our side. Russia don't have any big names really, but a well drilled home national side, Croatia don't have a player that would get in our side and neither do Mexico, maybe Hernandez might push for a place in the 11, but definitely not a dead 'cert' 

We're at our worst in years, but that's because the players before were so badly managed that we never achieved anything - we're still of decent quality comparable to the rest of the world IMO. 

Top for me..

1. Spain

2. Germany

3. Brazil

4. Argentina

5. Italy

6. England

7. Belgium

8. Holland

9. Uruguay

10. Portugal

11. France

12. Sweden

13. Russia

14. Mexico

15. Croatia

Mexico and Uruguay but no Colombia !?

With current squads and recent form i'd go for:

1. Germany (Team with the most momentum, domestic game at a peak, young players breaking through left, right and centre. For me they are favourites for the next world cup, they have so much quality to choose from.)

2. Spain (Tough not to have them at the top, but have had a few dodgy moments in qualifying and don't look their fluid self. Xavi looking past it now so Fabregas or others may have to step up. Still an extremely strong squad.)

3. Argentina (Had a very good qualifying, stupidly good attack in Messi, Aguero, Tevez, Lavezzi etc. Defence perhaps a weak-point.)

4. Brazil (A new team and looked strong in Confed Cup. Surprisingly don't have great options upfront but may not matter with an inform Neymar in their team.)

5. Italy

6. Belgium (Two best young goalkeepers in the world, two best centre halfs in the world, great depth and ability in midfield, two big bulldozers upfront (Benteke and Lukaku). Could have been placed higher but haven't seen them against any really quality yet, unproven as a team)

7. Colombia (Best team they have had in years, an extremely quick team that are very effective on the break and have possibly the best finisher in the world, Falcao)

8. Netherlands (Purely because they have Robben, RVP, Sneijder, Affellay, players that can change a game in a second and players England lack other than Rooney. Young, unproven defence.)

9. Portugal (Similar to Netherlands, fairly solid team with a good defence in Pepe, Bruno Alves and Coentrao but contain the handy ability to use the 2nd best player in the world.) 

10, England (Pretty much the same as said for Netherlands and Portugal but we lack that cutting edge and quality in the final third. Fingers crossed we get a fit Sturridge and Rooney for the last two games, I could see those two working well together.)

11. Uruguay (Suarez and Cavani!)

12. France (Out of sorts, but have some world class talent in their team.)

13. Croatia

14. Switzerland 

15. Bosnia and Herzegovina

How anyone can say that we are better than the Dutch..!? Or Portugal.?

We are where we are because thats how good we are-not very.

For good was sake we have got a bloke who scored 1 go all season for the champions of England up front alongside Daniel Sturridge..! And no one is convincing me that those two are any good-and the most definitely wont score enough goals to win us the World Cup in Brazil.

2. Spain (Tough not to have them at the top, but have had a few dodgy moments in qualifying and don't look their fluid self. Xavi looking past it now so Fabregas or others may have to step up. Still an extremely strong squad.)

3. Argentina (Had a very good qualifying, stupidly good attack in Messi, Aguero, Tevez, Lavezzi etc. Defence perhaps a weak-point.)

4. Brazil (A new team and looked strong in Confed Cup. Surprisingly don't have great options upfront but may not matter with an inform Neymar in their team.)

Any of these three for the World Cup for me. Let's not forget that a European team has NEVER won an American World Cup, the heat becomes too much (look at Spain in the Confederations Cup Final, sluggish and lethargic).  Spain's previous experience of the Brazilian heat will have been brilliant in terms of experience. 

Archived