NC happy with summer transfer activity

CumbrianRam

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'd like for gjokaj to get a chance in the first team, he could maybe make the albania team one day  :ph34r:

I like the look of Gjokaj, I think he is probably that little bit better than Freeman but doesn't have the same liberty of making mistakes at centre half, as a right back would.

I still think if we could bring in a centre half on loan, preferably a decent experienced one and a centre midfielder that fits in with our plans and ability while Hendrick is out then I would be more than happy, and if we could get Brayford back also I would be over the bleeding moon!! 

Centre midfielder is going to be the tough one for me, premier league sides aren't all about throwing 4/5 million pound class players on short term loans, I think Jack Cork would be a terrific signing (mentioned him before) been sidelined a little bit through Wanyama coming in - unsure whether he would be available though.

If we could sign..

John Brayford

Jack Cork 

James Tomkins 

The difference that they would add would be incredible - all 3 out of the picture in their teams (none of them made the bench in their last game) and would assumingly be available at the very least for 'match fitness'

I like the look of Gjokaj, I think he is probably that little bit better than Freeman but doesn't have the same liberty of making mistakes at centre half, as a right back would.

I still think if we could bring in a centre half on loan, preferably a decent experienced one and a centre midfielder that fits in with our plans and ability while Hendrick is out then I would be more than happy, and if we could get Brayford back also I would be over the bleeding moon!!

Centre midfielder is going to be the tough one for me, premier league sides aren't all about throwing 4/5 million pound class players on short term loans, I think Jack Cork would be a terrific signing (mentioned him before) been sidelined a little bit through Wanyama coming in - unsure whether he would be available though.

If we could sign..

John Brayford

Jack Cork

James Tomkins

The difference that they would add would be incredible - all 3 out of the picture in their teams (none of them made the bench in their last game) and would assumingly be available at the very least for 'match fitness'

Cork I could see happening

Bray no

Tompkins no

Even if they were for fitness I think they could do better than us tbh

Cork I could see happening

Bray no

Tompkins no

Even if they were for fitness I think they could do better than us tbh

I would ask immediately, It's only championship clubs and below who can loan players - I imagine these 3 will be available for short term loans otherwise it will just be training, a quick look tells me they aren't getting a look in at under 21 level either.

So as it stands they have barely been touched - therefore they will definitely be available, we'd be mental not to enquire about 3 players at such a standard, but we were mental enough to finish the transfer window with 2 fit senior centre halfs! so who knows. 

If we could sign..

John Brayford

Jack Cork 

James Tomkins 

Clough's publicly declared his admiration for Jack Cork in the past before, even directly comparing him and Jeff. This could be a very real possibility.

Should Tomkins become available for loan the fact he's previously been with us in the past may give us an edge. I'd still bet against us hypothetically getting him, but none the less, could happen.

No chance of Brayford. He's finally got his dream move and he's spent the last month moving house. Do you really think he'd come back to us without making a real fist of fighting for that right back slot? Maybe this time next year.  

Hallelujah! He's finally realised we need cover at the back!

Although I'd be very disappointed if we brought in players just to make up numbers, rather than bring players in to give Bucko and Keogh a run for their money in the starting XI. That extra little bit of quality will probably cost a bit more though.

Archived