Kettering Town

swansea ram

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tragic that I now don't have a local football team to go and watch. Rushden and Diamonds don't play in Rushden, Kettering were playing in Corby....Northants football is in a right mess.

Kettering's real problems started when the council couldn't/wouldn't find a new ground for them once they lost their lease to the old ground.

Corby Town is now my most local football team and not supporting them, bunch of Glaswegans.

Tragic that I now don't have a local football team to go and watch. Rushden and Diamonds don't play in Rushden, Kettering were playing in Corby....Northants football is in a right mess.

Kettering's real problems started when the council couldn't/wouldn't find a new ground for them once they lost their lease to the old ground.

Corby Town is now my most local football team and not supporting them, bunch of Glaswegans.

You've got Coventry! What more do ya want!!!!!

Football isnt about fun anymore its a business a cash cow that bows down to sky ,the days are going for the working man very soon ,£50 plus a ticket will be normal and most the good folk one this board will be priced out of it.

It is not a lot for the people of Kettering to raise if they wanted to. It must be viewed as a hopeless case locally.

Kettering couldn't even find a place for them to build a new stadium. It's pretty disgraceful that they sent their own team out to Rushden. I might have gone to a few games but the bus to Rushden is five quid and match tickets were at least a tenner.

The problem was with Kettering is that it was a club with big ambitions stuck in the most unambitious town in the country. The locals don't seem to care about anything.

They have a fundraising game to try and save the club on 12th September so it could yet survive. It is a small debt in footballing terms so would be really sad if they couldn't achieve this. You would think that sky would step in and offer to cover the game which would bring in the revenue allowing Kettering to survive?! Think of the positive PR sky could gain from 'looking after' the history of the English game, especially as they are constantly slated for destroying it. I guess the game does conflict with their scheduled televised under 10s game though. Its obvious which is more important...

Archived