Would you sign a CB? - Poll

ChaddesdenRam

Do we need a new central defender?  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

But its square pegs in round holes. Lets take the midfielders. Coutts IMO not a CM, Bryson very hard working gets around the park but can't tackle so certainly can't play in a 2 man midfield. Hughes quality player going forward and creates opportunities for others but a bit lightweight in tackles often giving free kicks away and still learning. Ben Davies not a CM more a winger as is Coutts. Eustace getting on a bit and I would of played him but can see the logic regarding not lasting 90 minutes. Bailey out into cold and now injured. Jeff out for 12 weeks and is our best midfielder good on the ball and solid in the tackle and is the lynch pin. If Nigel wants to play the diamond he can't without Jeff or a loan coming in as Eustace has been signed as backup on the cheap. Why on the cheap we must ask the owners ! Just one other thing 4-4-2 will not work IMO with Hughes and Bryson clearly we get over run as on Saturday.

Well that opens another bone of contention 4-4-2. We have always been using square pegs in round holes under Nigel. The countless times we've had CM's on the wing. It's not a formation I like and not one that I think suits us.

And also, so I'm clear, we are so financially strapped we can't sign anyone without first getting rid of players (a notion constantly put out there by people who defend Nigel's transfer policy) but we sign a midfielder who can't last 90 mins? Where's the logic there then? Especially as we had (at the time we signed Eustace) a fit young CM in Bailey. We had Hendrick, Bryson, Hughes, Bailey in the squad. We then sign Eustace and then Hendrick gets injured and we need another CM which we can afford but mysteriously I'm to believe a CH is unaffordable?

(Yes Bailey also got injured but I can imagine that Hughes, Bryson, Hendrick and Eustace could all have got injured in a freak training ground incident and Bailey still wouldn't have got a look in)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's not make excuses here. This is Clough's squad. If he is using the old square pegs in round holes, that is his choice.

I have a nasty feeling that Eustace is our main CB cover, Clough gets a midfielder in then he can keep Eustace for that. If that is the case....Shocking.

How can anyone say we're 4 million away from a play-off side?

We could sign 4/5 players on free's/nominal fee's and they could be better than signing someone for 10/12 million - it's not how much you pay for someone, it's how good they are as a player.

I think we're 4/5 GOOD players off a play-off side, but how you can put a figure on unknown players is madness. 

Archived