Would you sign a CB? - Poll

ChaddesdenRam

Do we need a new central defender?  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We must sign a centre back. I'm not sure why we haven't, it doesn't make sense. The only realistic explanation I can think is that we need to offload Tyson, O'Connor and Bailey off the wage bill first.

It would be a great shame in my opinion, given Clough's many positives, if his "blind spot" where Buxton is concerned ultimately costs him his job.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You lot gave Keogh POTY last year. You asked for sloppy goals.

There will be more. Not saying sack him. Just he couldn't defend anything that wasn't infront of him last year and its the same this year. I don't understand why he's suddenly being pulled up on it?

Cus we are losing at home?

You lot gave Keogh POTY last year. You asked for sloppy goals.

There will be more. Not saying sack him. Just he couldn't defend anything that wasn't infront of him last year and its the same this year. I don't understand why he's suddenly being pulled up on it?

Cus we are losing at home?

He's been quite a lot worse this year IMO. Confidence looks shot.

He's been quite a lot worse this year IMO. Confidence looks shot.

I dunno, some performances last year I'm struggling to forgive. His defending seems more aggressive this season though. He charges at everything. Which is most definitely a bad thing if its ALL the time.

Worse on the ball perhaps too?

Well I wouldn't sign a centre back I'd sign 2

And for the record a midfield would be nice - come on fit their first goal we only had Buxton between their man and the goal . That can't be right.

And while we're at it a couple if strikers that can hit the the target would be nice too

Well I wouldn't sign a centre back I'd sign 2

And for the record a midfield would be nice - come on fit their first goal we only had Buxton between their man and the goal . That can't be right.

And while we're at it a couple if strikers that can hit the the target would be nice too

Probably quicker, simpler, cheaper and easier to just get a new manager to sort out all of the above?

Clough won't sign a new CB as he constantly praises Keogh and Buxton, even todays DET back page headline was 'Clough:Buxton has proved himself'. 

If he does sign a new CB and throws him straight in he will be completely contradicting himself, so he won't sign any fooker because he knows he will look like a ****, and he will get awkward questions from Ed Dawes, and you know he hates those awkward questions.

Pretty simple for me the front 6 on there day is a playoff team its our back 4 that's the problem we need a new CB in otherwise playoffs are a definite no no this season we also still havent replaced brayford with anyone half his quality.

where's the money from him gone????

It could be the difference between a team looking at promotion and one that isn't.

A team with a solid defence who are well organised and look like keeping clean sheets will get you points in those games where your midfield and attack don't perform. We don't have a solid back line so we have to perform going forward every week. We have to break down ever defence in order to have a chance at winning. We've shown we can't break down well organised teams and we're not organised enough to stop others. So we don't have enough quality up top to score against the best and we can't keep them out the other end. Not the best mix.

We'll do alright again and finish mid table again. If we could sign a good CB and possibly a LB then we could turn these defeats into 0-0's and get the points needed to get closer to the play-offs.

i am a buxton fan but honestly he is not first team top 6 material, for the first goal today he was just not good enough and while he has a good game, i feel he leaves us open to 2-3 extremely good chances per game which the opponent may be able to capitalise on.

we need like a fit "barker" to play with keogh, add adam smith and forsytch(or whatever his name is) and we have a decent back 4 capable of putting us in the top 6.

How people are even including barker as an option I'm puzzled! 18 months since his injury, he's still not running! Out all season at least, he's not getting younger either is he!

All for keeping him around and getting him healthy again, not a serious option for us this season is he?

Will not play more than five games more for derby! I'll be amazed if he plays one to be honest.

If we keep pretending Barker will be back we can make out we don't need to sign a centre half then Buxton can play on competition free and our defence will continue to be ***** because of it.

Said it before will say it again good times will not happen for this club while this pub standard oaf is anywhere near the starting 11.

When we look back on the last two seasons Barker's injury was a big loss to us. That was unlucky.

The Shackell sale was self inflicted though and the owners / board should take a lot of the blame.

However, Clough needs to get over his Buxton love in and realise he's not good enough. We might need to give Gjokaj a game until O'Brien is fit if we can't afford to sign anyone.

When we look back on the last two seasons Barker's injury was a big loss to us. That was unlucky.

The Shackell sale was self inflicted though and the owners / board should take a lot of the blame.

However, Clough needs to get over his Buxton love in and realise he's not good enough. We might need to give Gjokaj a game until O'Brien is fit if we can't afford to sign anyone.

Why?

Archived