Mathematics Tuition

davenportram

As everyone knows - if you dont you do now - I am pretty good at Maths and am a Fully Qualified Maths Teacher and have decided to try and start doing tuition on a Saturday and Sunday Morning between 9 and 12

I live in Ilkeston so it is for people in local area really.

If you are interested or know anyone who is doing a course or who has kids that might benefit from a bit of extra tuition then PM me and I will give a few more details.

Thanks

Davenportram

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MATHS? What use is that in real life?

I told my mum, my dad, my gran, my teacher and my next door neighbour there's no practical use for maths once you leave school

All three of them disagree.

No surprise that I disagree too. If nothing else that C doesn't close doors like a D does. I know that plenty of people succeed without it but short term with staying at college or training until 18 it can make the difference for those extra 2 years

No surprise that I disagree too. If nothing else that C doesn't close doors like a D does. I know that plenty of people succeed without it but short term with staying at college or training until 18 it can make the difference for those extra 2 years

tee-hee.

My pun radar was off earlier too. I feel better knowing I'm not the only one :D

He taught me once. He was reduced to banging his head against the floor. Really, he was.

Maths and me are about as compatable as Daveo propping up a gay bar.

But, credit to him, he persevered with me, had the patience of a saint and got me the pass I needed.

Not just saying it through being bias, he really is a great teacher.

I love gay bars.

Learn to read, write and basic maths 2+2= then get a decent Internet connection. I've gained more knowledge on the Internet than I ever did at school.

Life is too short and I can't even imagine the amount of hours wasted at school on periodic tables, what cloud patterns are called, how rain works, Shakespeare, religious education and smashing a triangle for an hour or blowing on a recorder with years of saliva built up.

The whole education system is flawed and needs to be scrapped, start from scratch, look at what people need that can be used in everyday life.

I tell you what tho, the day I want to educate myself further and I choose maths, I'll be at Dav's door with my calculator, the best tutor in Ilkeston he is.

Archived