who is going to yeovil away

B4ev6is

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, Yeovil fan living in East Staffs here so i've got even more of an interest in this fixture than usual.  Thought i'd check your forum to see what the Derby thoughts are on the game.

Here are a few pointers regarding comments i've seen on this thread for those making the journey on Saturday:

Bristol is a great place to stay overnight if you want to break up the journey but it's still over 40 miles away so bear in mind it's still over an hour to Yeovil.

Sherborne is a lovely little town and has some decent pubs - The Digby Tap is indeed a very good one especially if you like real ale. If you want a drink near the ground the Airfield Tavern is probably your best bet but isn't anything special (it's a chain food pub).  The Arrow is a very good football pub (lots of room, screens showing Sky Sports everywhere, fast service) but i'm I think they're clamping down on away fans this season purely because of the size of the followings we'll be getting. And it's in the middle of a massive housing estate so you'll never find it without a map and compass. The other pre-match pub is The Bell but that, er, burned down...Also there is no alcohol available to away fans in the ground.

Don't take the train unless you are prepared for a taxi ride afterwards. Yeovil Junction is a couple of miles outside of town and 5 miles from the ground.  The traffic getting away after games is pretty awful as well as the road infrastructure and car parking at the ground haven't changed since our Conference days.

Yeovil is certainly NOT a one horse town thank you!! I saw at least four last time I was down.... ;)

Anyway enjoy the trip and the game (but not too much) :)

Archived