Transfer profit/loss debate (split from Robinson thread)

eranio20

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yer not good.....saying that am surprised we managed to shift him at all this summer...will be interesting how he fares at Donny compared with us and see if a change of coach brings any positive responses that Clough couldnt gain from him at his time at Derby

The figure was never disclosed but he cost Millwall £300k in the January.

He joined us on loan about 5 weeks later because he couldn't settle, and moved permanently to us as soon as the summer window opened. I can't see Millwall taking too much of a loss on him so I reckon if we sold him at £150k we made a loss.

Good luck to him. Ultimately he left for around what he came for.

Around 300,000

So again, another loss.

No, your value is simply not accurate. If you just go along making things up as you go I guess you can draw any conclusion you want without those pesky facts slowing you down.

Good luck to him. Ultimately he left for around what he came for.No, your value is simply not accurate. If you just go along making things up as you go I guess you can draw any conclusion you want without those pesky facts slowing you down.

Prove us wrong then.

Jackett said no money was loss from the deal, Millwall paid Huddesfield 300,000

150,000 transfer fee perhaps

What about the six month loan fee?

I thought Ward was a free, as Fielding too. Thought we paid £150k for Theo...any one else have any input ?

I really don't get where the idea that any of them came on a free transfer came from. It was very well documented at the time that all 3 signed for undisclosed fees. A deal with a fee rising to £400k for Fielding was generally the media value for him, for example and a more recent. The rumoured total fee for all three was around £900k, with Ward around £350k and Theo £150k. Whilst the rumoured fee for his move to Millwall was £300k and as you say, there were suggestions that there was little to no loss for them, it is quite likely that what was meant is that it was a deal that would rise to £300k, and with him leaving so soon after arriving, they wouldn't have to pay those extras, who knows though. Ultimately suggestions are that Theo has left for around what he came from, and that seems good business now that we have significantly better players at the club.

Who really cares weather we lost 150k or on him or not? Considering there was two years between him going and leaving!

Who really cares weather we lost 150k or on him or not? Considering there was two years between him going and leaving!

It's more the case of people basically making things up to attack the club about. They may as well be posting pictures of oracle bones.

You really contradict yourself lol.

You post this

"If you just go along making things up as you go I guess you can draw any conclusion you want without those pesky facts slowing you down"

Only later to post this

"Ultimately suggestions are that Theo has left for around what he came from"

Tut.

But hey it's another off the wage bill, how many more to go? Bailey, Tyson, Deeney, Doyle, Naylor, Jeremy the cleaner and Luther the cook.

You really contradict yourself lol.

You post this

"If you just go along making things up as you go I guess you can draw any conclusion you want without those pesky facts slowing you down"

Only later to post this

"Ultimately suggestions are that Theo has left for around what he came from"

Tut.

But hey it's another off the wage bill, how many more to go? Bailey, Tyson, Deeney, Doyle, Naylor, Jeremy the cleaner and Luther the cook.

That's not contradicting myself at all, I gave you what we have to go on with that matter, suggesting a possible cause for the statement you were quoting and referred back to information that on here has generally been considered common knowledge, whilst backing it to an extent with media reports from the time confirming details. What you have done is throw out a number and condemn the club for "making another loss". Sadly the media reports were mainly focussed on Fielding at the time, but the term used at the time was "nominal fee". Here is the direct quote actually:

The move from Millwall was always with a view to a permanent deal and Robinson will join the Rams for a nominal fee on July 1 and sign a two-year contract.

From here

I highly doubt phrases like "nominal fee" would ever have been thrown around for a £300k transfer at that point in time, but ultimately even a media value isn't all that certain.

Good luck to him. Ultimately he left for around what he came for.

No, your value is simply not accurate. If you just go along making things up as you go I guess you can draw any conclusion you want without those pesky facts slowing you down.

But didn't you do this when trying to convince us that Maguire wasnt sold at a great loss, quoting figures that were not facts, yet you used these to try to prove a point, yet you are appear to be happy to have a go at other posters for doing this. 

But didn't you do this when trying to convince us that Maguire wasnt sold at a great loss, quoting figures that were not facts, yet you used these to try to prove a point, yet you are appear to be happy to have a go at other posters for doing this.

Maguire signed for around £400k, this figure is well quoted in the media and is about the figure that his club was asking for if my memory serves me right. It's harder to find anything for the fee he left for, but suggestions were that it wasn't a whole lot less than he arrived for. The £400k figure was about as close as it gets to a fact in terms of a value for the fee in modern football, the issue is how much we made back.

Maguire signed for around £400k, this figure is well quoted in the media and is about the figure that his club was asking for if my memory serves me right. It's harder to find anything for the fee he left for, but suggestions were that it wasn't a whole lot less than he arrived for. The £400k figure was about as close as it gets to a fact in terms of a value for the fee in modern football, the issue is how much we made back.

Agreed on the 400k, but you quoted a figure of 300k that he left for, I remember seeing the figure being 150/200k max for what he left for.  My point being that you are happy to use suggestions on the figure we got back, yet when someone else does it.....

The whole thing is irrevelant imo though, he has gone now, the loss is not great if any, and we have better players in Martin, Russell, Bennet and ward who can play up front.

Now anyone got 1.2m lying around........

Didn't Maguire sign by the way of a tribunal? I remember the deal being subject to a number of add ons and clauses. Id very very surprised if any of the clauses were activated and wouldn't be surprised if the initial fee was less than £400k. Otherwise we could have paid £400k up front, (then for example) extra for goals, appearances, promotion etc... we could have ended up paying 800,900k for a very ordinary player. This is of course all semantics because nobody apart from DCFC Aberdeen know how much we paid and how the deal was structured.

Why does every outgoing transfer have to turn into an argument over losses, or profits??? Especially when it's on a scale so small compared to previous losses on players.

Two or three posters go back and try to prove a point, so what if we've lost 100k or so on Theo?

So what?

Come on lads, really? what's it about.

Are you looking for another player to add to this massive list of Clough mistakes?

If he keeps making mistakes like that, it's not so bad.

Good Luck to him, he did alright for us but we've moved on, he'll get goals for Doncaster if they play him regularly.

* if he's gone for 150k, I reckon that's about 9k a week gone back into this seasons budget. 3k a week from the fee and 6k a week in wages? Thats all I care about now, we've got 9k to add to a salary of someone who would be involved more than Theo.

Archived