Transfer profit/loss debate (split from Robinson thread)

eranio20

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not too fussed about if we loss afew grand on Theo, it's more so the fact we sell for peanuts all the friggin time.

Pearson, Fielding, Robinson, Maguire, Moxey, Davies, Pringle, Cywka, Bywater, Barnes, Todd, Albrechtsen, Davis, Zadkovich, Beardsley, Teale, Mceverley, Croft...

Never ending list, how much did we get for ALL those combined?

150,000 is laughable, that's what a league two side would pay. He's 24, scored plenty at this level and still don't get why we couldn't take a risk in holding out nearer the window closing. Clubs become desperate and spend crazy money. Leeds were interested, I'm sure they'd have paid more than Donny.

150,000 what the heck would that buy you ? A rocking horse for Mason Bennett?

Eh?!

When you want rid of players they aren't going to get you much money. Some transfer work out, some don't. Sometimes clubs have a pop on players on the cheap in the hope they might get lucky. Let's go with that list though, and start by removing:

Beardsley - Youth player

Seriously, what's he doing on there?! We release youth players every season, it's part of running an academy. Let's look at the list though, we can only go on media values though. Wages will be ignored, who signed the player mentioned will come into account:

Player - Signed for, by - left for

Pearson - £750k, Davies - Released

Fielding - £400k, Nigel - £200k

Robinson - £150k, Nigel - £150k

Maguire - £400k, Nigel - £250k

Moxey - £300k, Nigel - £400k

Davies - £725k, Jewell - £750k

Pringle - Free, Nigel - Free

Cywka - Free, Nigel - Free

Bywater - £225k, Davies - Released

Barnes - Youth player - Unknown, but substantial loan fee with a deal agreed for £4 mil that was not taken up, later released

Todd - £750k, Davies Released

Albrechtsen - Free, Jewell - Released

Davis - £3 mil, Davies - Released

Zadkovich - Free, Jewell - Released

Teale - £600k, Davies - Released

Mceverley - £600k, Davies - Released

Croft - Free, Nigel - Free

Total: £1.75 million + Barnes' "substantial loan fee"

Not actually all that bad considering. Boy did Billy sign some terrible players for big bucks though, he even makes Jewell look shrewd, at least a handful of Jewell's signings actually were worth some good money down the line. With Billy we just made loss after loss it seems.

I just don't get how Robinsons value is the same/less to what Milwall signed him from Huddesfield (a league one side at the time) three years ago.

Theo shown he can score goals in this league, surely. He is still young and now a international player.

His value should be higher now than to what it was when he was a league one player, solely because he's shown he can score goals at this level.

Fielding is the same - how many games did he play for Blackburn? We signed him for 400,000, he plays more games here than anywhere in his career, shows he's capable at this level and yet is flogged for less than the above figure. eh?!

I understand Maguire, he did nothing in his duration here. But Robinson and Fielding got first team championship football under there belts and for me they have shown they can hold there own at this level AND are better players now than to what they both were three years ago...

Why not wait until the mad near transfer day rush to flog Robinson? I'd seen his named linked to a dozen sides in this league prior to Donny snapping him up, I'm sure Leeds would have come in for him eventually. It's 150,000, Jesus .

That's something Burton would pay for a 30 something year old veteran, not a goal scoring 24 year old goal league rival.

I just don't get how Robinsons value is the same/less to what Milwall signed him from Huddesfield (a league one side at the time) three years ago.

Theo shown he can score goals in this league, surely. He is still young and now a international player.

His value should be higher now than to what it was when he was a league one player, solely because he's shown he can score goals at this level.

Fielding is the same - how many games did he play for Blackburn? We signed him for 400,000, he plays more games here than anywhere in his career, shows he's capable at this level and yet is flogged for less than the above figure. eh?!

I understand Maguire, he did nothing in his duration here. But Robinson and Fielding got first team championship football under there belts and for me they have shown they can hold there own at this level AND are better players now than to what they both were three years ago...

Why not wait until the mad near transfer day rush to flog Robinson? I'd seen his named linked to a dozen sides in this league prior to Donny snapping him up, I'm sure Leeds would have come in for him eventually. It's 150,000, Jesus .

That's something Burton would pay for a 30 something year old veteran, not a goal scoring 24 year old goal league rival.

After the club decided that they don't have a place for these young players, don't you think they have a responsibility to help them find new clubs as soon as possible without waiting until the last moment on the off chance they may get a few more quid for them? You say you have seen Robinson linked with a dozen Championship clubs  :D Absolute rubbish (a polite way of saying you may be making things up).

I am so pleased that Derby act in the right way morally and not like something from your World.

He's gone! 150k is ok money, I remember not so long ago we were cancelling contracts as we had players that were not wanted, that was all we were ever going to get for him, may have been linked to these other clubs in the past, but hey was there ever a solid bid, Doncaster have put there money up and we have accepted, everyone's happy!

I said PRIOR to Doncaster's interest there were numerous sides interested in him, did I not?

A year ago Premiership sides were preparing to pay over a million, yet we sold the lad for ten times less the figures being quoted.

Great business. I'd have drove him to fookin Wigan for that.

How do you know no other side weren't interested anyway? Works both ways this argument.

Archived