clough blames the quality of the opposition

sideshowbob

None of our players would have had the chance as the opposition wouldn't had a pedestrian Eustace standing static whilst the ball floats past at hip height.

It was an average finish, but I would suggest Hendrick, Bryson, Keogh, Ward, Coutts, Russell, Martin, Hughes, Jacobs, Ben Davies and maybe even Sammon have the technical ability to produce a knee high volley and could've scored it.

I must take issue with this, I must I must I must.

You're really doing Best a disservice, in fact you're doing everyone a disservice.

The positioning of the players was such that if the ball had been played in where you'd expect Best to want it (in front of him, goalside) then Eustace would have been perfectly placed to block it.

Also to suggest the ball was just 'floating past' is simply untrue, the cross was actually quite poor in a way, but it was whipped in with a lot of pace (chest height and dipping when it passed Eustace) and behind (at least, not goal-side of) Best who's reaction speed and agility was tremendous.

It was a lot more than an 'average' finish and more than a simple knee high volley - the most likely outcome in that position is the ball being blasted high and wide of the goal on that side of the pitch, not being hooked towards the far corner. Best won't have scored many goals technically as good as that in his career.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must take issue with this, I must I must I must.

You're really doing Best a disservice, in fact you're doing everyone a disservice.

The positioning of the players was such that if the ball had been played in where you'd expect Best to want it (in front of him, goalside) then Eustace would have been perfectly placed to block it.

Also to suggest the ball was just 'floating past' is simply untrue, the cross was actually quite poor in a way, but it was whipped in with a lot of pace (chest height and dipping when it passed Eustace) and behind (at least, not goal-side of) Best who's reaction speed and agility was tremendous.

It was a lot more than an 'average' finish and more than a simple knee high volley - the most likely outcome in that position is the ball being blasted high and wide of the goal on that side of the pitch, not being hooked towards the far corner. Best won't have scored many goals technically as good as that in his career.

Erm, hello? Didn't you know Eustace, or Useless as I hilariously call him, is absolutely and totally dire and is at fault for everything this season. Did you see how he was sitting on the bench first half? Pathetic. Him and his co-conspirtator Clough cost us 3 points* on Sunday, just like I foretold they would when the prospect of his signing first arose. It doesn't give me any pleasure to be proved right. Again. But I hate to say I told you so.

*I thought we drew, but after reading the reactions on here I assume we must of lost. I must have missed their winner and it must have been gifted them by Useless, further proving how right I was about him all along.

Being someone who has played the game, it is not a game where you drop back deliberately. We moved 5 in midfield. Right move considering there midfield was on top. Due to it being late in the game and our legs tiring, then we would probably need to drop back because if we do, Blackburn will pick up space in the gaps and we will not be able to track them. However, as Blackburn had a lot of space at the back, it meant that they could play long balls meaning that our defence would have to drop deep so that the ball does not go in behind which means that the whole team would have to drop deep in order for the ball not to drop to a red shirt. Due to them having quick strikers and midfielders ,it means that the team has to drop as we are not as quick. As the team are deep means there are no options up front and we have to clear which means the ball goes back to them and in the end it was unlucky for us that their lad has scored a beauty.

So frustrating that people cannot see this.

Did they push us back so far that we only managed to get 2 players in their area for a corner?

And so far that we had all 11 players in our own area for their corners?

No. These are tactical decisions (poor ones in my opinion) that invited pressure on to us.

I like how people say we tried defending for the last 30 minutes due to tactics. Were you watching a different game? Russell went out onto the right wing after about 25-30 mins playing more of a 4-3-3.

And he pretty much stayed there until Coutts came on for him, like for like? Then Eustace came on for Hughes, which I admit is a defensive tactic, but Hughes had been running his legs off and look knackered, and we had no other CM on the bench. 

Can't believe all the negativity after the first game of the season. Still another 45 games left. 

I like how people say we tried defending for the last 30 minutes due to tactics. Were you watching a different game? Russell went out onto the right wing after about 25-30 mins playing more of a 4-3-3.

And he pretty much stayed there until Coutts came on for him, like for like? Then Eustace came on for Hughes, which I admit is a defensive tactic, but Hughes had been running his legs off and look knackered, and we had no other CM on the bench.

Can't believe all the negativity after the first game of the season. Still another 45 games left.

Or approximately another 23 hours of defending to do...

So, since you have all said on here that blackburn have too many quality players and it wasnt that clough was negative, and you all seem to think we are better than forest...

How come billy and forest won away at blackburn?

Has it really taken you 24 hours to think that up?

England beat Spain a few months back does that make them the best team in the world?

England beat Spain a few months back does that make them the best team in the world?

You didn't think he was going to post yesterday, did you? Although Forest won, his day was spoiled by that horrible Martin fellow bagging a brace for this lot down the other end of the A52.

Only because I was in Brighton for the weekend. I did actually post a new thread about it last night, but this morning it had been removed.

Strange that eh?

Maybe the truth hurts you blind faithers.

Top 6?

Ha ha ha you're havin a laugh

Only because I was in Brighton for the weekend. I did actually post a new thread about it last night, but this morning it had been removed.

Strange that eh?

Top 6?

We don't want them to know the truth. Not yet.

We work around the clock. We work in the shadows. We do not sleep.

We are 100% dedicated to preventing sideshowbob from outing the truth. The truth could be dangerous in the wrong hands. We keep the people where they are by injecting them with the morphine of blind faith.

We are watching you.

All the time.

Stop telling the truth.

Strange that eh?

Top 6?

You bloody liar. Forest were at Blackburn.

Strange that eh?

Top 6?

What truth is that?

When did I mention top 6?

The fact that you would rather discuss the Forest result than the Rams result tells us all we need to know about you.

Derby fan? Ha ha you're having a laugh.

You can't really base the Blackburn/Forest result on our own the previous week.

Every game of football differs.

if we do finish in the top six its a massive achivement and even I can't doubt that Clough will have done a superb job.

I think injuries and suspensions might screw us over in the Crimbo run, but until then it's good to know we CAN go into any game whether it be home or away and have the aim to get the three points.

Wow. What a post! We drew with them, Forest beat them therefore Forest will beat us.

I don't go in for the idea that some people are looking for reasons to criticise. I have been critical of the team and Nigel and I've always liked to think that others who did that did it because they wanted what's best for the club and only did it when they actually saw a problem. This though has me thinking.

Strange that eh?

Top 6?

Now that is the most interesting post I've ever seen you make. What did you think of the game [and the result] then?

Did you go all that way to watch your beloved team despite forecasting that they would lose? What did you see that makes you think we are nowhere near Top 6?..

Now that is the most interesting post I've ever seen you make. What did you think of the game [and the result] then?

Did you go all that way to watch your beloved team despite forecasting that they would lose? What did you see that makes you think we are nowhere near Top 6?..

The game in general was ok although clough did get defensive with 25 mins of the game left. Will Hughes shook his head at the defensive substitution as though he wasnt keen on it. Brighton to be fair were not very good. I was in the west stand upper with some brighton mates, who thought overalll a draw would have been a fair result. 1046 away fans (plus me and i think another Derby fan in the brighton end) which I thought was poor for a summers day by the seaside. They didnt sing a great deal but could be heard quite well when they did. Flag looked good from where I was, similar position to the photo posted on another thread.

On this performance (against a very average brighton), top 6 looks a fair way off.

Yes another negative post, but its just the way I see it. My brighton mates didnt think we were very good either.

The game in general was ok although clough did get defensive with 25 mins of the game left. Will Hughes shook his head at the defensive substitution as though he wasnt keen on it. Brighton to be fair were not very good. I was in the west stand upper with some brighton mates, who thought overalll a draw would have been a fair result. 1046 away fans (plus me and i think another Derby fan in the brighton end) which I thought was poor for a summers day by the seaside. They didnt sing a great deal but could be heard quite well when they did. Flag looked good from where I was, similar position to the photo posted on another thread.

On this performance (against a very average brighton), top 6 looks a fair way off.

Yes another negative post, but its just the way I see it. My brighton mates didnt think we were very good either.

A very average Brighton side that finished in the top 6 last season you mean?

Archived