clough blames the quality of the opposition

sideshowbob

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back on topic. I liked the preseason talk from Nigel. The positive vibes, talking the team and squad up. Talk of aiming for top 6. It was somewhat refreshing to hear those noises. 1 game in and we're back to bemoaning the quality of the oppo's team and using that as the excuse "I could have beaten them if you'd given me a more money. It's not my fault"

Back on topic. I liked the preseason talk from Nigel. The positive vibes, talking the team and squad up. Talk of aiming for top 6. It was somewhat refreshing to hear those noises. 1 game in and we're back to bemoaning the quality of the oppo's team and using that as the excuse "I could have beaten them if you'd given me a more money. It's not my fault"

zzzzzzzzz

Did not comment on what he said. I said I will not comment on what he said.

You commented that you will not comment.

Don't want to make a point of this as it was just something that tickled me and in no way am I meaning it as a dig or to be offensive in anyway.

You commented that you will not comment.

Don't want to make a point of this as it was just something that tickled me and in no way am I meaning it as a dig or to be offensive in anyway.

Sorry mate. People are riling me up and you just happened to be there.

zzzzzzzzz

Nice work. No real need for this.

Don't like what people say maybe just read and move on. It's possible not to remark on everything that comes on here.

I could quite easily simply quote all of the posts that appear to make out we did nothing wrong in the game and write something which lacks any form of contribution.

Nice work. No real need for this.

Don't like what people say maybe just read and move on. It's possible not to remark on everything that comes on here.

I could quite easily simply quote all of the posts that appear to make out we did nothing wrong in the game and write something which lacks any form of contribution.

Once again I apologize.

Blackburn were nearly relegated last season. Yes they might have players like Rochina and Rhodes but the fact is there are 8-10 clubs who have higher spending power than us so if we are going to finish top six we can't be moaning about the quality of the opposition and the money they've spent on players.

Also transfer fees mean nothing nowadays, they are just a symptom of many things with 21st century football and do not measure the quality or experience of a player in any way.

Blackburn have a good side, playing them on opening day is bad timing! The only reason a team with the quality of Blackburn don't finish higher up the table is because they have players that aren't full blooded - unfortunately on opening day, everyone is raring to go.

We were poor, but it was a tricky start - they have a lot of quality in their team and admitting that isn't making excuses. 

Looking back, we had a very good hope record last season which involved us scraping a draw against blackburn in the league - this time the game was the other way round, and we conceded late on. We're matching our home form from last season (at this point) so it's not a cause for concern - it's the game saturday that should hopefully be more telling. A win at Brighton would in the short term give us a huge boost of confidence, especially away from home! 

It's a simple statement to say 'Clough blames the quality of the opposition' - but it's a bloody stupid statement.  The reason for that is that Clough didn't BLAME anybody. He said that Blackburn were a decent side, that both sides probably deserved a point and that there were plenty of positives.

Can someone please explain where blame comes into it (other than the usual "Blame Clough because it's raining, blame Clough because I can't do 20 down in the crossword, blame Clough because it's work tomorrow")?

Sideshowbob's reaction the match has come even later in the day than Blackburn's equaliser.

Make of that what you will.

He went to watch his first love, Forest, and didn't get round to wumming until later?

I'm all for bashing Clough, but what did you expect him to say, he didn't appear to change the tactics to much, we were quick to jump on his back when he didn't make subs until it was to late last season, and all he was saying was that it was he opposition that forced us back not the tactics.

I think the question should have probably did the subs costs us the points, and I think that he made a mistake with bringing coutts on as we appeared to lose an outlet when we did have the ball, we then got pushed back and the lack of pace up front and midfield meant we weren't as quick on the counter as we have been previously.

I can understand the negativity as its not just one game, but 4 years of the same old, however on this one I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, and all in all not a bad week so far results wise.

Archived