clough blames the quality of the opposition

sideshowbob

TobyWanKenobi

Blackburn currently losing to Carlisle.

BCO

...and they only made 9 changes from the starting lineup against us.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talking about repetitives post with no contribution to the thread, what has happen to our Mexico freind?

I reckon he'll be back 30 seconds after our first defeat of the season.

He turns up like a bad peso.

...and they only made 9 changes from the starting lineup against us.

So they are playing their strong side against Carlisle then?

That figures.

I like how we have a good squad. A top 6 squad. The best squad since Nigel took over. An exciting squad. Nigel's signings can be talked up and praised against those who criticise. Their qualities lorded up and they can be spoken about as good players. Until Nigel says the oppo had better quality players, then their faults can be listed in abundance and we can highlight their failings and lack of experience. As long as we tow the party line and agree with Nigel then all is well.

We had a side that was only a couple of wins from the play-off last season, save 2 improvements and one 'negative change' in personnel. So in theory, we should be better over the season.

In terms of the game on Sunday, I don't think anyone is complaining about us being better or worse than the opposition,  I myself was annoyed because after Rochina was stretchered off, Blackburn didn't cause Derby as many problems as Nigel's tactical 'decisions' did.

Talking about repetitives post with no contribution to the thread, what has happen to our Mexico freind?

I reckon he'll be back 30 seconds after our first defeat of the season.

He turns up like a bad peso.

I've been waiting for an opportunity like this before a thread was opened asking about his where abouts. 31st July Bris contacted me and asked for his account to be locked until November 1st, he's busy with real life stuff and struggling with time management what with the ding songs he gets himself into.

He's still a member and if he wants his account will be opened anytime, normal forum rules apply so play nice he might still be reading.

Just wanted to clear that up before anyone saw suspended on his profile and accused us of banning negativity.

Oh and whilst I'm at it Franco also requested his account was also locked but hasn't asked it to be re opened on any particular date, he is however welcome to have it reopened whenever he wants.

Anyhow, carry on. :)

Bris is sound you know really.

Different culture and philosophy and he's detached.

He doesn't give out abuse tbf for a guy that gets into some corners.

He does praise Derby. He did during our 4231 period. Obviously we know he loved the Burley era. Lets be honest, who didnt?

Forgive me but didn't Blackburn have an expensive squad with quality players last season? Including the main chunk of that expensive strike force (Rhodes), last season. They finished 17th, so I imagine that a few teams managed to overcome those insurmountable odds.

Can we just accept that we didn't deserve to win the game and that they created the better chances. Hearing the same "that's what £Xm buys you" etc after a loss is getting a bit repetitive now. Let's instead look at ourselves rather than the oppo and look where we can improve and where we went wrong. The idea that we play great and the only thing that stops us winning is that their team cost more is naive, basic and plain incorrect.

halfway through last season, Crystal Palace sold their star player for £15m, then loaned him back.

Does that mean their squad was worth £15m at the start of February than it was at the start of August? No, of course it doesn't!

Forgive me but didn't Blackburn have an expensive squad with quality players last season? Including the main chunk of that expensive strike force (Rhodes), last season. They finished 17th, so I imagine that a few teams managed to overcome those insurmountable odds.

Can we just accept that we didn't deserve to win the game and that they created the better chances. Hearing the same "that's what £Xm buys you" etc after a loss is getting a bit repetitive now. Let's instead look at ourselves rather than the oppo and look where we can improve and where we went wrong. The idea that we play great and the only thing that stops us winning is that their team cost more is naive, basic and plain incorrect.

I'm not saying that money buys you this and that, I'm saying that the money that they have spent on quality players will eventually become evident and because they have quality, they were able to play better on Sunday. They are not consistent and I expect that they will falter because there is not much spirit and when it is raining and bitterly cold on a Tuesday night in December on the road to Brighton or someone like that they will lose but because it is the beginning of the season and they have all their players together on an equal playing field, they were always likely to play better.

THEY FORCED US BACK, WE DID NOT DROP

You must've been watching a different game to 21000 other people. Even the commentators and pundits noticed, the newspaper journalists, and even the bloke interviewing Clough... but not you?

halfway through last season, Crystal Palace sold their star player for £15m, then loaned him back.

Does that mean their squad was worth £15m at the start of February than it was at the start of August? No, of course it doesn't!

Am I talking about home grown talent? Were any of the strikers that started for us on Sunday home grown. No. Were Blackburn's NO.

You must've been watching a different game to 21000 other people. Even the commentators and pundits noticed, the newspaper journalists, and even the bloke interviewing Clough... but not you?

Being someone who has played the game, it is not a game where you drop back deliberately. We moved 5 in midfield. Right move considering there midfield was on top. Due to it being late in the game and our legs tiring, then we would probably need to drop back because if we do, Blackburn will pick up space in the gaps and we will not be able to track them. However, as Blackburn had a lot of space at the back, it meant that they could play long balls meaning that our defence would have to drop deep so that the ball does not go in behind which means that the whole team would have to drop deep in order for the ball not to drop to a red shirt. Due to them having quick strikers and midfielders ,it means that the team has to drop as we are not as quick. As the team are deep means there are no options up front and we have to clear which means the ball goes back to them and in the end it was unlucky for us that their lad has scored a beauty.

So frustrating that people cannot see this.

Being someone who has played the game, it is not a game where you drop back deliberately. We moved 5 in midfield. Right move considering there midfield was on top. Due to it being late in the game and our legs tiring, then we would probably need to drop back because if we do, Blackburn will pick up space in the gaps and we will not be able to track them. However, as Blackburn had a lot of space at the back, it meant that they could play long balls meaning that our defence would have to drop deep so that the ball does not go in behind which means that the whole team would have to drop deep in order for the ball not to drop to a red shirt. Due to them having quick strikers and midfielders ,it means that the team has to drop as we are not as quick. As the team are deep means there are no options up front and we have to clear which means the ball goes back to them and in the end it was unlucky for us that their lad has scored a beauty.

So frustrating that people cannot see this.

The reason people cannot see it is because its nonsense. We did this several times during Clough's time here.

We were a threat (as were Blackburn) until the manager moved Russell out wide-right. then we were neutralised as an attacking force, but less effective defensively as we were bunched together and not spread out. Pulling our players backwards is a naive tactic and has NEVER worked effectively as sides can simply pass it past our midfield. The tactic of having all players in the box on defensive corners and freekicks is stupid too, I saw a hoof clearance come straight back as nobody was anywhere near the halfway line for Derby.

you may think this is a good idea, I would suggest there's never been a team in the history of the game that has been successful playing this way.

I'm not saying that money buys you this and that, I'm saying that the money that they have spent on quality players will eventually become evident and because they have quality, they were able to play better on Sunday. They are not consistent and I expect that they will falter because there is not much spirit and when it is raining and bitterly cold on a Tuesday night in December on the road to Brighton or someone like that they will lose but because it is the beginning of the season and they have all their players together on an equal playing field, they were always likely to play better.

We spent plenty of money in 2008/09 didn't get us far, I don't see how Blackburn have improved so much is last season that they are certs for top 6, yes they may get them but it isn't a guarantee and I wouldn't want many of their "quality" players here.

We spent plenty of money in 2008/09 didn't get us far, I don't see how Blackburn have improved so much is last season that they are certs for top 6, yes they may get them but it isn't a guarantee and I wouldn't want many of their "quality" players here.

I'm not gonna repeat myself anymore

Archived