Marlon King held over crash

Day

The Birmingham City striker was held on suspicion of failing to stop at the scene of a road traffic collision following the crash in central London in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Police and ambulance crews were called to Bishops Bridge Road at the junction with Eastbourne Terrace, Paddington, following reports that a car had hit a pedestrian.

A man in his late 40s was taken to a central London hospital, although his injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.

King, 33, was arrested by City of London Police officers and has been released on police bail to a date in mid-September.

A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said: "A 33-year-old man was arrested by officers from City of London Police on suspicion of failing to stop at the scene of a road traffic collision and taken to a central London police station.

"He has been bailed to mid-September pending further inquiries. Detectives from Westminster are investigating."

A spokesman for Birmingham City said the club was aware of the incident.

King, whose previous clubs include Watford, Middlesbrough and Coventry City, is reportedly available on a free transfer and in talks with other Championship clubs about a possible move.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/165/8848392/marlon-king-held-over-crash

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"King has convictions for 14 offences, dating from 1997.[54][55] He received fines, driving bans, community service sentences, a rehabilitation order and orders to pay compensation on convictions including: theft from a person and from a car, criminal damage, and attempting to obtain property by deception; fraudulent use of vehicle licence document, driving without insurance, speeding, drink driving; a wounding incident while playing amateur football, and two cases involving assault of young women rejecting his advances in the Soho area of London."

And people say that clubs don't want black managers. Some clubs will do ANYTHING!

And fans chant for him...

Scumbag, doesn't deserve such a highly paid career.

I wouldn't give him a job labouring for our labourer.

There's homeless people that have screwed up once, just once, and there's no way back for them. Society closes its doors.

But this ***** can play football well and look at him?

"King has convictions for 14 offences, dating from 1997.[54][55] He received fines, driving bans, community service sentences, a rehabilitation order and orders to pay compensation on convictions including: theft from a person and from a car, criminal damage, and attempting to obtain property by deception; fraudulent use of vehicle licence document, driving without insurance, speeding, drink driving; a wounding incident while playing amateur football, and two cases involving assault of young women rejecting his advances in the Soho area of London."

And people say that clubs don't want black managers. Some clubs will do ANYTHING!

Did you Google that?

It boils my piss when people fail to stop, it's usually down to them being over the limit and most, unbelievably convince themselves that they were 'scared' and 'panicked'

To be honest I hope another toss pot club take him on so the whole country can continue to hurl abuse at him from the stands. He's nothing but a wrongun and he'll f*ck up big one day.

How coud any club justify signing him? Any sane and rational club with respect to their fans and community would never sign him, so that leaves Leeds, Millwall and Leicester as options

Forest? They're always looking to add to their collection of strikers.

Expect "Marlon king wants to give back to the community and he feels he can do that in the following project (insert some silly gimmick to help justify buying a decent striker). He regrets..."

That sort of thing. Like the keeper who ran those people over drink driving.

Giving back to the community my arse.

Expect "Marlon king wants to give back to the community and he feels he can do that in the following project (insert some silly gimmick to help justify buying a decent striker). He regrets..."

That sort of thing. Like the keeper who ran those people over drink driving.

Giving back to the community my arse.

Pub landlords are part of the community. Doctors and nurses are part of the community. Car mechanics are part of the community. The guy who mops the blood up after hit-and-runs is part of the community. Funeral directors are part of the community.

Marlon's just doing his bit.

Marlon King is a disgusting human being. His colour is not relevant.

Dear Jesus , i pray often, i take my children to church,i rarely curse and i help others when in need, i dont ask for much but if we are one the 3 clubs mentioned we need to sit down and have a chat !!

Birmingham City manager Lee Clark says that he expects Marlon King to leave the club within the next week.

Clark has been tasked with cutting the club's wage bill and King has been granted permission to discuss a move away from St Andrews'.

Speaking to the Birmingham Mail, Clark said: "Marlon's situation hasn't changed. He has been given a free, which was confirmed to him two or three days after the season had finished.

"He has been given time off to pursue other opportunities. He is talking to them with his agent, with my permission, and has been over the last couple of weeks, we expect a conclusion in the coming days."

It has been reported that at least three Championship clubs have expressed an interest in King as well as teams in other parts of Europe.

Birmingham start their Championship campaign at home to Watford on Saturday.

Dear Jesus , i pray often, i take my children to church,i rarely curse and i help others when in need, i dont ask for much but if we are one the 3 clubs mentioned we need to sit down and have a chat !!

Birmingham City manager Lee Clark says that he expects Marlon King to leave the club within the next week.

Clark has been tasked with cutting the club's wage bill and King has been granted permission to discuss a move away from St Andrews'.

Speaking to the Birmingham Mail, Clark said: "Marlon's situation hasn't changed. He has been given a free, which was confirmed to him two or three days after the season had finished.

"He has been given time off to pursue other opportunities. He is talking to them with his agent, with my permission, and has been over the last couple of weeks, we expect a conclusion in the coming days."

It has been reported that at least three Championship clubs have expressed an interest in King as well as teams in other parts of Europe.

Birmingham start their Championship campaign at home to Watford on Saturday.

Forests plan C striker after Austin and Hooper?

Archived