Money spent on transfers this season

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew clough could do no wrong.

Were they really better than what we had? Tyson, o'conner, bailey, Lego, did they really improve us? When they are not being used they have been basically wasting space on the wage bill. They didn't improve us and haven't played that many games. Now no one wants them.

Legzdins not improve us? You seriously suggesting that Saul Deeney is our 2nd best keeper?

as for O'Connor, we thought he'd be useful cover for injury - unfortunately it didn't work out. Bailey was a good young player, but didn't get the opportunity - and without him we may never have got Brayford.

It sounds as if in your eyes Clough can do no right.

I knew clough could do no wrong.

Were they really better than what we had? Tyson, o'conner, bailey, Lego, did they really improve us? When they are not being used they have been basically wasting space on the wage bill. They didn't improve us and haven't played that many games. Now no one wants them.

I was replying to your post about Bailey and Theo, so why did you bring Tyson, O'Connor and Legzdins into the equation? Saying that, Legzdins was, and still is, a damned good keeper, and I'm willing to bet that he will stay and fight for his place.

You are worse than Bris at moving the goalposts.

Legzdins not improve us? You seriously suggesting that Saul Deeney is our 2nd best keeper?

as for O'Connor, we thought he'd be useful cover for injury - unfortunately it didn't work out. Bailey was a good young player, but didn't get the opportunity - and without him we may never have got Brayford.

It sounds as if in your eyes Clough can do no right.

Clough has done some good and signed some good players of course he had but we would have got Brayford we didn't get him as we brought bailey, we just went out and got both. Yes O'conner didn't work out, bad signing, Tyson hasn't worked out bad signing. Bailey had chances but wasnt good enough. that cant be the managers fault though clearly. Lego is better than deeney of course but was that amount of many really worth a back up keeper? Many clubs have a number one and a poor back up and loan one in. Actually isnt that what they are planning to do now?

Why can't people accept critism of the manager and he can never do wrong. Every manager does good and bad things, have players like ward, Keogh, Brayford, Bryson been very good yes but he has also made some shockers. Don't bother replying, As you can't balance your argument and just spout rubbish like it hasn't worked out but not a bad signing

I was replying to your post about Bailey and Theo, so why did you bring Tyson, O'Connor and Legzdins into the equation? Saying that, Legzdins was, and still is, a damned good keeper, and I'm willing to bet that he will stay and fight for his place.

You are worse than Bris at moving the goalposts.

I didn't mention bailey and theo. the post above quoted all the players up for transfers and I said are the bad signings?. How is that moving the goalposts? Please explain as I haven't a clue and can't see where I mentioned just them two players

Lego wasn't a bad signing at all - mental suggestion.

We brought in a keeper to play a competent second fiddle, he came in and proved himself good enough for first team championship football, but we had a chance to strengthen further. 

If Lego wants to go back to what we signed him for, I would be utterly delighted - not many better second choices in this division! 

Bailey, Theo and Fielding weren't bad signings either - they all played more than their part in our clubs history, and rarely let us down - we have just moved on from then. I don't get why people get so worked up, Bailey cost us 400k - for me he has more than paid that back in his 58 games, just like Fielding did his fee in 60 games and Theo in his 80 games for the club, he has managed to score 23 goals so for what was a 'nominal fee' signing, despite not being deemed as good as the other strikers - we've had a return from him.

Bad signings for me, O'Connor - but, he was cheap and back up anyway... Tyson, obviously cloughs worst signing, not for his overall ability but his contribution has been below par... Maguire...etc 

Clough has done some good and signed some good players of course he had but we would have got Brayford we didn't get him as we brought bailey, we just went out and got both. Yes O'conner didn't work out, bad signing, Tyson hasn't worked out bad signing. Bailey had chances but wasnt good enough. that cant be the managers fault though clearly. Lego is better than deeney of course but was that amount of many really worth a back up keeper? Many clubs have a number one and a poor back up and loan one in. Actually isnt that what they are planning to do now?

Why can't people accept critism of the manager and he can never do wrong. Every manager does good and bad things, have players like ward, Keogh, Brayford, Bryson been very good yes but he has also made some shockers. Don't bother replying, As you can't balance your argument and just spout rubbish like it hasn't worked out but not a bad signing

Can't balance an argument? I'd already said O'Connor didn't work out and thus wasn't a good signing, where did I suggest otherwise?

Was what amount worth Legzdins? A good Championship level, international 'keeper, signed from a L2 club? He's easily worth £300-400k, which is probably what we paid for him. You're the one spouting rubbish.

Sure, I've never really put the manager down publically down on this forum - but we all know he's made poor decisions, what manager doesn't? All I do is get behind Clough, as like it or lump it, he's in charge of this team. Deal with it.

In

Chris Martin - Free

Johnny Russell - 700k

Craig Forsyth - 200k

Lee Grant - Free

John Eustace - Free

Adam Smith - Loan (not sure if paying anything)

Out

Frank Fielding - 100-200k?

John Brayford - 2 million

So expenditure is around 900k and revenue generated from transfers is 2.2 mil. Net spend of -1.3 million.

I would say that is really good business as the team has improved quite significantly this summer (on paper that is they could all be woeful).

Although what doesn't show up here is spending on wages which will have gone up massively due the inability to offload the transfer list at the moment.

What are everyone's thoughts on the transfer activity? Have we spent wisely?

I remember making posts for this during my earlier days on the forum, inevitably having the piss taken by Daveo

Oh how I've grown  :rolleyes:

It's still frustrating. Rush said at a q&a that our budget for transfers will be fair higher than last year. Has it been? Not as of yet. Ill reserve my judgement until the end of the window. .

Just because we have not spent more than previous years does not mean our budget is lower. Hope NC would have something to say if Rush was publicly saying budget is higher when it was not true.

Can't balance an argument? I'd already said O'Connor didn't work out and thus wasn't a good signing, where did I suggest otherwise?

Was what amount worth Legzdins? A good Championship level, international 'keeper, signed from a L2 club? He's easily worth £300-400k, which is probably what we paid for him. You're the one spouting rubbish.

Sure, I've never really put the manager down publically down on this forum - but we all know he's made poor decisions, what manager doesn't? All I do is get behind Clough, as like it or lump it, he's in charge of this team. Deal with it.

Who is he an international for? He isn't worth 300-400k as no one wants him your only worth what people will pay. Lego was one of the better signings out of the 6 or so available, thats prob why you keep referring to him, yet he hasn't really been great value as it looks like he will just run his contract down and leave for nothing and he will only have played 30odd games in his time here. As a club with a limited budget that's not great. Theo has been the best of the lot but the other return and contribution haven't been enough.

You haven't put the manger publicly? Wow you must be really important and have a very important opinion.

Who is he an international for? He isn't worth 300-400k as no one wants him your only worth what people will pay. Lego was one of the better signings out of the 6 or so available, thats prob why you keep referring to him, yet he hasn't really been great value as it looks like he will just run his contract down and leave for nothing and he will only have played 20-30 games in his time here. As a club with a limited budget that's not great. Theo has been the best of the lot but the other return and contribution haven't been enough.

You haven't put the manger publicly? Wow you must be really important and have a very important opinion.

Latvia...

But yes, he is only worth what some pays for him, however, that does not mean bad value. I don't for a second believe we paid anywhere near that for him, and I doubt he earns that much in wages. And frankly, he's been more than serviceable in his time here thus far.

I remember making posts for this during my earlier days on the forum, inevitably having the piss taken by Daveo

Oh how I've grown  :rolleyes:

And what a superb member you've become for it.

Told you all those tears would be worth it in the end.

It makes you wonder if these transfer listed players were ok, or good for where we are at the time blah blah...why with only 3 days before the start of the season.....they are still here ???

Just because we have not spent more than previous years does not mean our budget is lower. Hope NC would have something to say if Rush was publicly saying budget is higher when it was not true.

What would you expect clough to say ?

I know if my boss told everyone something that wasnt true that was effecting my job, in the first instance he would probably have warned me in the first place, and secondly if he didnt I doubt i would be working long for him if I slated him in public, but thats just me.

I would expect that when Rush answered that question, he was probably hoping for more movement outward in the transfer market, Clough said in Jan we were over budget in wages, so do you think that would have changed ?

We coud have a 100m transfer budget, but we still have to work within a wages budget.

I know if my boss told everyone something that wasnt true that was effecting my job, in the first instance he would probably have warned me in the first place, and secondly if he didnt I doubt i would be working long for him if I slated him in public, but thats just me.

I would expect that when Rush answered that question, he was probably hoping for more movement outward in the transfer market, Clough said in Jan we were over budget in wages, so do you think that would have changed ?

We coud have a 100m transfer budget, but we still have to work within a wages budget.

OR

Maybe we do have a nice little budget left to spend... so far I think it's fair to assume we have some money left from the Ins and Outs and maybe some which we haven't touched yet (since every year so far the board have made at least £1m to spend available I think it's fair to assume they may have this year)...

So MAYBE it's just that the right players haven't been available at the right prices... I keep having this argument with my dad... If we identify a CB who is better than Bucko then great... But is it worth paying £3m for a player who's only worth £1m? Nigel so far doesn't beleive it is and I kinda like that attitude...

This is why player wages and transfer fees have spiralled out of control... no-ones being sensible... For instance we paid £1.2m for Sammon, the red dogs paid £2m for Cox... IS Cox nearly twice the forward that Sammon is? Last season would suggest not... But that was the silly money they were prepared to throw at the deal...

Anyways, I reckon there's money there (x marks tha spot) and we'll see at least 1 more signing before the end of August...

Well I personally wouldn't be able to look myself in the mirror if I was not man enough to question blatant lies and I do believe there are rules in place to protect people from unfair dismissal.

Your bottom point underlines kind of goes along the lines of what I was trying to say. NC's budget won't just be transfer kitty.

Archived