Money spent on transfers this season

ChaddesdenRam

In

Chris Martin - Free

Johnny Russell - 700k

Craig Forsyth - 200k

Lee Grant - Free

John Eustace - Free

Adam Smith - Loan (not sure if paying anything)

Out

Frank Fielding - 100-200k?

John Brayford - 2 million

So expenditure is around 900k and revenue generated from transfers is 2.2 mil. Net spend of -1.3 million.

I would say that is really good business as the team has improved quite significantly this summer (on paper that is they could all be woeful).

Although what doesn't show up here is spending on wages which will have gone up massively due the inability to offload the transfer list at the moment.

What are everyone's thoughts on the transfer activity? Have we spent wisely?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In

Chris Martin - Free

Johnny Russell - 700k

Craig Forsyth - 200k

Lee Grant - Free

John Eustace - Free

Adam Smith - Loan (not sure if paying anything)

Out

Frank Fielding - 100-200k?

John Brayford - 2 million

So expenditure is around 900k and revenue generated from transfers is 2.2 mil. Net spend of -1.3 million.

I would say that is really good business as the team has improved quite significantly this summer (on paper that is they could all be woeful).

Although what doesn't show up here is spending on wages which will have gone up massively due the inability to offload the transfer list at the moment.

What are everyone's thoughts on the transfer activity? Have we spent wisely?

Impressive dealing from the club. Don't forget though Shabash that it doesn't work that way. You have to spend shed loads on players if you really want to run a good club.

In

Chris Martin - Free

Johnny Russell - Undisclosed

Craig Forsyth - Undisclosed

Lee Grant - Free

John Eustace - Free

Adam Smith - Loan

Out

Frank Fielding - Undisclosed

John Brayford - Undisclosed

Net spend: Uninterested

In

Chris Martin - Free

Johnny Russell - Undisclosed

Craig Forsyth - Undisclosed

Lee Grant - Free

John Eustace - Free

Adam Smith - Loan

Out

Frank Fielding - Undisclosed

John Brayford - Undisclosed

Net spend: Uninterested

This.

But it was £1.5m for Brayford up front.

I keep getting berated by a Forest fan at work about the millions they are spending, after I stop laughing. Then ask him excatly how much they have spent he has no idea.

Exactly I say because the wallet is still very much shut :)

It's still frustrating. Rush said at a q&a that our budget for transfers will be fair higher than last year. Has it been? Not as of yet. Ill reserve my judgement until the end of the window. .

What our chief exec saying something then it not quite happening, well I never

It's still frustrating. Rush said at a q&a that our budget for transfers will be fair higher than last year. Has it been? Not as of yet. Ill reserve my judgement until the end of the window. .

The transfer window is still open for quite a while yet. Remember Cloughie has a reputation for not spending money

I will be extremely disappointed if we don't spend the money we have brought in from the brayford sale - extremely disappointed.

We look strong, but could always be stronger - and if the money is there, we need to look where we could use an extra pair of legs, for me at centre back and right midfield is where we could use just that.

Archived