August Games

Bris Vegas

Basically started early..

Dortmund beat Bayern (Pep's first competitive game in charge) 4-2 yesterday.. It was a really entertaining game..

Bayern in fairness played a weaker side.. There was no Schweinsteiger, Ribbery, Martinez, Dante, Neuer in the starting line up.. But Bayern lacked the directness that they had before.. They definitely controlled possession but they lacked the speed in their approach play to really hurt Dortmund..

And at the back they looked quite poor.. Their GK had a mare when receiving the ball and they really didn't look too comfortable playing it around at the back in tight spots like Barca/Spain do..

I think Bayern will easily win the league again but they'll need to adapt quickly at the back if they want to play their way out of trouble as Dortmund and especially the high pressure quality sides will exploit them when they're hesitant..

Ajax also won the Dutch cup 3-2 in extra time against AZ..

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite a few of the leagues are back under way..

The likes of Switzerland, Ukraine, Poland, Russia, Denmark, Czech Republic, Belgium, Croatia and Austria have all kicked off..

I have no idea when Serie A kicks off.. They haven't even published their fixtures yet

There aren't that many decent first games in any of the big leagues..

I'd say the pick of the bunch is Sevilla vs Atletico Madrid

Quite a few of the leagues are back under way..

The likes of Switzerland, Ukraine, Poland, Russia, Denmark, Czech Republic, Belgium, Croatia and Austria have all kicked off..

I have no idea when Serie A kicks off.. They haven't even published their fixtures yet

There aren't that many decent first games in any of the big leagues..

I'd say the pick of the bunch is Sevilla vs Atletico Madrid

The match fixers haven't decided who is winning the league yet?

I thought that the bookies had already paid out on Juventus.

I thought that the bookies had already paid out on Juventus.

TBF, with the guilty verdict of Berlusconi and the corruption trials of the media and politicians coupled with mafia arrests in Sicily, Italian football is in disarray atm...

Haha, I do this too.

Do they still have Chris Porter?

A quick google search tells me that yes they do and he scored 5 goals for them last season and 8 the season before that. Not exactly set league one alight but he's probably just glad to be playing again to be fair to him.

Harry Maguire's meant to be a highly rated cb, might be interesting to see if he's any good. Been linked with a lot NPC teams. 

The legendary Danny Higginbotham could also be playing for the Blades.

A quick google search tells me that yes they do and he scored 5 goals for them last season and 8 the season before that. Not exactly set league one alight but he's probably just glad to be playing again to be fair to him.

Harry Maguire's meant to be a highly rated cb, might be interesting to see if he's any good. Been linked with a lot NPC teams.

The legendary Danny Higginbotham could also be playing for the Blades.

Legendary until a certain loan spell.

Archived