Thank you Bohemians

therams69

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You seem quite happy to call everything boring and repetitive (see the irony in how many times you have actually said it!) but don't offer much in terms of new songs yourself.

The chant in question is used by 2 or 3 clubs.

If you want to get the masses singing it has to be a recognisable tune that is easy to pick up.

I'm guessing the fact that the Dundee United fans used this song for Russell would probably be a good indicator that he plays on the wing!

I'd personally prefer to hear the 'Super Tommy Johnson' chant resurrected for Johnny Russell if he is any good. If not, possibly the Stern John chant of boooooooooo!

Love how people say that nobody gives alternatives, after there has been about 10 song suggestion threads where I and many others have come up with original chants that are just as good as the usual **** that gets repeated. 

People have given up making suggestions cos they never get started, which is fair enough. I do go on about it, but it's one of a few things that p*sses me off about our support.  

Love how people say that nobody gives alternatives, after there has been about 10 song suggestion threads where I and many others have come up with original chants that are just as good as the usual **** that gets repeated.

People have given up making suggestions cos they never get started, which is fair enough. I do go on about it, but it's one of a few things that p*sses me off about our support.

Anyone can post a song on a forum with a few hundred readers. If you are that passionate and p**sed off with it, why not try starting new songs at the matches?

Other than Man United and Liverpool, very few clubs make up new chants these days. Even if Derby did start a new chant that was good it would only be a few months before it was being copied by other clubs up and down the country.

Times have changed I'm afraid and there are no longer fans coming out with new, topical, inventive and funny chants. I think the sooner you realise that the better or this will eat at you for a long time.

The thing that annoys me most is the song that I would say was our club anthem when I was being brought up (We are Derby, Super Derby) is not used enough.

Anyone can post a song on a forum with a few hundred readers. If you are that passionate and p**sed off with it, why not try starting new songs at the matches?

Other than Man United and Liverpool, very few clubs make up new chants these days. Even if Derby did start a new chant that was good it would only be a few months before it was being copied by other clubs up and down the country.

Times have changed I'm afraid and there are no longer fans coming out with new, topical, inventive and funny chants. I think the sooner you realise that the better or this will eat at you for a long time.

The thing that annoys me most is the song that I would say was our club anthem when I was being brought up (We are Derby, Super Derby) is not used enough.

If I was local and went to the majority of games I would get more involved in trying to improve this.

I and a couple of others tried to get 'Living On A Prayer' going at a Norwich a few seasons back, just got ignored. 

You're making out as if it's a complex equation that needs solving, if enough people are on the same wave length then new/original chants could easily get started. My biggest criticism of Nick has been with this issue, he's got the biggest influence and group of people to make something happen but never has for some reason. 

Unfortunately, it seems to be only a small minority that have any pride in not copying chants and trying to be unique/individual as a club, probably why our support and loads of other clubs support is so tragic most of the time. 

Agree.

So where were we with the Bohemians stories..................

EKR - 1 game lad. You follow it up at the next game?

Ive given up on songs tbh. Far too many fans have opinions on them and I cant be arsed getting the crap for them nowadays. I had a personal joke with Bryso so we made him his song up and next thing you know its getting called for!

And even then people still dont get it right after nearly a year. His name is Craig Bryson.......... Not da da da da ! So really what hope is there lets be honest.

Cannot please everyone and thats the problem. I get slated for trying to help by getting some song sheets together, are the SE interested, no.

Anyways.... Bohemians...........

You don't hear.. "Gimme a D!" Much nowadays.

Not since we've been known as "Derby County Football Club in conjunction with General Sports and Entertainment"

Far more easier for the gumps...........gimme a Q, gimme an 8 ................

Me and the Memsahib were in the Porterhouse Saturday lunchtime when this big fellow unveiled a big DCFC flag for photos. We chatted for a minute or two and he seemed a nice enough chap - I think he said he was from Carrickfergus. Later I saw him pegging the flag out behind the goal - it had got bloody Rangers on it (why, for God's sake?) but I think it was taken down again. It was clearly provocative.

Believe what you want, but Saturday was not the time, and Bohemians FC was not the place, to make a political statement. I love the Irish people, particularly Dubliners, who I think are the salt of the earth.

So where were we with the Bohemians stories..................

EKR - 1 game lad. You follow it up at the next game?

Ive given up on songs tbh. Far too many fans have opinions on them and I cant be arsed getting the crap for them nowadays. I had a personal joke with Bryso so we made him his song up and next thing you know its getting called for!

And even then people still dont get it right after nearly a year. His name is Craig Bryson.......... Not da da da da ! So really what hope is there lets be honest.

Cannot please everyone and thats the problem. I get slated for trying to help by getting some song sheets together, are the SE interested, no.

Anyways.... Bohemians...........

Was practically last away game of the season, but I get your point.

I supported the song sheet idea, despite others not and I understand not everyone agrees which makes it impossible. Understandably not worth the hassle.

But, the songs are the most important thing in the stands for the clubs identity, and ours are terrible. Just feel it would be a way to create something special and different from every other club out there, who are basically the same as us singing the same crap with a couple of words changed. 

This discussion has been done to death though, so I'll shut up now. 

Can't believe nobody has complimented me on my beautiful singing voice :( threeeee little biiiirds!

I've mentioned it in the v Bohs thread but...

A lovely girl chucked a pint over my mate after he called her Moira and asked for a fish supper, fully deserved but so funny!

Apparently it's off that fonejacker... "Welcome to Moira's Fish Bar" then they all asked for a fish supper...

A bit of a nasty looking lad from Manchester in a Benetton top ended up with us Saturday night, his mates he'd gone over with had pulled on Friday night and decided not to go to the match (how f*cking weird) and one was paralytic in bed haha. Right laugh he was and we'll probably keep in touch.

Archived