Thank you Bohemians

therams69

Hi all

Thought it warranted a thread for fans to share any stories/photos of their antics in Dublin. I've uploaded a few to my twitter and facebook of the flag etc.

Here is my report of the day that I posed on facebook.

So Bohemians away - It all started at 5am when we met in the Neppy for a beer to get the minibus to Birmingham. Blake turning up like he should be going Maga rather than Dublin!! Arrived in Dublin safe and after finally getting some taxis managed to meet the Neptune lot in Ryans. Might I add this taxi firm were owned by the one and only Andy Reid from Forest! If we had known this we wouldn't have used them!! After Ryans bar moved on to another joint where we met a few Vale lads who were ordering jager at 11 euro a pop! Onwards to the game and a few beers In the club bar at 4euro a beer which was cheaper than anything we had paid before. Had to keep my wits about me as I did a radio derby interview just before kick off as I were the reporter for the game!! Great first half and Russell bagged a couple and we led 1-2 I believe. Spoke to radio derby again at half time and gave my report before heading to the bar for a beer. Came back up 20 minutes later and we are winning 4-1!! Was also great to see Mark Cottam, Nath and Bailey make the trip! So second half we killed the game and won 6-1. I fell asleep for the last ten minutes and got woke up by the final whistle! Next thing I know I'm asking Dawse who scored because radio derby are on the phone again, dawse somehow managed to remember thank god! After the game went back to the bar for some more drinks and the stage act of Stone Roses and Oasis was class! Met the Norweigan branch and Irish branch of Derby fans. Was also good to have a chat with Bobby and Greg Horan, two top lads. Beer flowing well into the evening and we had a sing off with Bohs fans, best song being build a fire put the forest on the top, put the shamrock in the middle........ Yano if we had been in England the police would have come in and stopped that! Great banter had and everyone pissed up singing away having a great time! We didn't want to leave but had too get the flight home! Many thanks to Kirky who let the Neptune stay open for our arrival home so we could have a farewell beer! Great day shared with the Derby girls and boys! Guess you had to be there to appreciate it!! Don't think any away day will ever be matched! You RAMS!!!

Nick

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most people just did the he hates forest for Tyson.

We should use this Johnny Russell one, feel free to tweak the runs down the wings bit, or not, don't really matter.

It needs to be tweaked if used, 'running down the wing', he's a striker.

Dont start it Nick, just another boring, repetitive, copied song that loads of other clubs use. Show some balls and start something original. Johnny deserves better. 

Dont start it Nick, just another boring, repetitive, copied song that loads of other clubs use. Show some balls and start something original. Johnny deserves better.

Repetitive? I've hardly ever heard that sang ever!

Well he isn't an out an out striker, he plays both wings and through the middle. hence the song. and second, as NSR said, it's a rare song. Only one I can think of is WBA do a version for Gareth McAuley

You seem quite happy to call everything boring and repetitive (see the irony in how many times you have actually said it!) but don't offer much in terms of new songs yourself.

The chant in question is used by 2 or 3 clubs.

If you want to get the masses singing it has to be a recognisable tune that is easy to pick up.

I'm guessing the fact that the Dundee United fans used this song for Russell would probably be a good indicator that he plays on the wing!

I'd personally prefer to hear the 'Super Tommy Johnson' chant resurrected for Johnny Russell if he is any good. If not, possibly the Stern John chant of boooooooooo!

Archived