AFC Bournemouth to host Real Madrid

froggg

AFC Bournemouth to host Real Madrid pre-season friendly

Bournemouth are to face European giants Real Madrid in a pre-season friendly at Goldsands Stadium later this month.

The game against the Championship newcomers will kickstart Real's pre-season schedule.

"It's taken a lot of hard work but it's great news and very rewarding for the fans," Bournemouth chairman Eddie Mitchell told the BBC.

"They've got their first team coming, except the three boys that played in the Confederations Cup."

He added: "We've met their requirements and they are on their way."

Mitchell hopes the match, which will take place on Sunday, 21 July, will benefit the club off the field as well as on it.

"Life is about building relationships and hopefully there will be further communications with them down the line," he said.

"It's the right publicity for the club and gives us a chance to showcase what we do here. If we side-step opportunities like this then we aren't showing much ambition at all."

Meanwhile, Bournemouth teenager Sam Matthews has signed his first professional contract with the club.

The 16-year-old has signed a two-year deal, which begins on his 17th birthday.

"I've been at the club since I was 10 or 11 and I love it here," Matthews told the club's website.

"I've just left school, so to be able to come in full-time and train with the first team has been really good. I want to stay here and I'm really happy at the moment."

(BBC Sport)

:o

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barca fans would agree with you

They'd also agree that Catalania is no longer a part of Spain

It's far more civilised than Spain.

get it raite!

charlie, charlie, charlie, charlie, 

born is the king of Derrrrrrrrrby......

Na na naaa na,

na na naaa na,

Hey he-ey,

King Kevin.

I loved Charlie, but it was confusing having two kings (and yes, I did have a 'King Charlie' car sticker. And a 'Rioch walks on water' one).

Na na naaa na,

na na naaa na,

Hey he-ey,

King Kevin.

I loved Charlie, but it was confusing having two kings (and yes, I did have a 'King Charlie' car sticker. And a 'Rioch walks on water' one).

King Kev/Zak was always the true King, but Charlie's song was, well, just so. An exquisite example of the phenomenal terrace appropiation of the contemporaneous chant that juxtaposed the balance of hero worship and respect for the new incumbent to the throne.

You'll ne-ver take the Popside!

King Kev/Zak was always the true King, but Charlie's song was, well, just so. An exquisite example of the phenomenal terrace appropiation of the contemporaneous chant that juxtaposed the balance of hero worship and respect for the new incumbent to the throne.

You'll ne-ver take the Popside!

CAHAGATPA

Have they thouight this through? i Hear £60 quid a ticket if this goes wrong another club heading for a loss and given the size of the club another admin job? 

best be a lot of intrest down south

Archived