AFC Bournemouth to host Real Madrid

froggg

You know how there's always some numpties who pay full whack and encourage these scandalous prices to go up?

Well, if it was Derby I'd be that numpty. £60 to watch Derby at home to Real Madrid wouldn't be that bad compared to how much it costs to go to watch us play at Ipswich.

I'd pay it. The WBA game however will have to be very cheap. They don't interest me. They aren't that much better than half the Championship. The gap may be hard to bridge but its still not that big.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't pay more than £20 to watch a pre-season friendly no matter who is playing. 

So Real Madrid are playing. Their players will be playing at somewhere close to 30% of their true ability. They won't want to risk injury and the conditions (a league one surface) will hardly be conducive to their style. 

Pre-season games are always dull. They lack any edge. They're merely a kickabout aimed at fitness (though how a player becomes unfit in a 4 week break is beyond me).

Arsenal are playing here in Nagoya in a couple of weeks and the tickets are ¥10,000 (around £70). I considered going until I saw the ticket price.

I wouldn't pay more than £20 to watch a pre-season friendly no matter who is playing. 

So Real Madrid are playing. Their players will be playing at somewhere close to 30% of their true ability. They won't want to risk injury and the conditions (a league one surface) will hardly be conducive to their style. 

Pre-season games are always dull. They lack any edge. They're merely a kickabout aimed at fitness (though how a player becomes unfit in a 4 week break is beyond me).

Arsenal are playing here in Nagoya in a couple of weeks and the tickets are ¥10,000 (around £70). I considered going until I saw the ticket price.

Some games, despite being uncompetitive, are still top quality games.. They're no different to international friendlies..

Me and all the guys had a BBQ at a friends ranch to watch Chivas vs Man Utd.. (3-2 Chivas) It was a brilliant game, end to end with both teams trying to win.. Because of the nature of these games, despite being non-competitive, teams are obliged to do do well and it obviously helps future links if they make an effort..

Did you not see Mancini go absolutely nuts at Balotelli in the US when he fluffed a 1 on 1 because he tried a fancy backheel.. He was hauled off 30 seconds after that..

Obviously the price of $60 is offputting.. But I doubt many other Bournemouth supporters are going to get the chance to see the best players in the world at their own stadium lining up against their own team.. The likes of Ozil, Ronaldo, Di Maria, Benzema, Coentrao etc.. in your own backyard..

It's a once in a lifetime opportunity.. Especially for a club of that size..

Also I think your 30% is way off the mark.. If it was all about fitness, they'd just train in Madrid.. They'll want to practice tactics, personnel and situation.. As for the 30%, I think you're wrong especially for the more competitve footballers.. The likes of Di Maria, Ronaldo and Khedida come across as ultra competitve and would do anything to win a kick about in the local park.. Ronaldo especially will want to score as many as possible as it's simply his nature to want more and more.. Regardless of the game.. (he was even carrying the ball back to the halfwayline after he scored a goal when they were 5-0 up at home to Almeria because he wanted more goals!)

I'd pay it..

Your team against one of the worlds best..

90 mins of watching Real Madrid is far more value than 180 minutes watching Burnley and Watford..

Bris is right.

There's no live stream for this game.

get it raite!

charlie, charlie, charlie, charlie, 

born is the king of Derrrrrrrrrby......

We used my version too .. nicked it off Citeh..

Oooooh , Rodney , Rodney ,,, Rodney , Rodney , Rodney , Rodney , Rodney Marsh.

Your minds playing tricks on you..

Willie , Willie , la la la , Willie , la la la..

I wouldn't pay it.

I remember going to watch Barca at PPS. I *never* think about that game today. Once every few years it might crop up in conversation, but I don't think 'thank God I was there that night'.

Also, the world's a small place now. Seeing Real Madrid isn't once in a lifetime. For an extra £140 you could probably do flight and ticket package to go and see them.

Bournemouth are playing on their fans emotions - obviously ecstatic to be in the Championship for the first time in years they know they'll get a full house. Imagine they play half their B team.

Kinell...... :(

Ticket prices

Cherries season ticket holders:

Adult: £55
Concession: £40
U16: £25
Executive: £75

General sale price:

Adult: £60
Concession: £45
U16: £30
Executive: £80

It's not cheap to go to watch Derby play away though. Ipswich away in a half empty ground with no atmosphere and watching two teams play out a tired poor quality match...

Asanovic is right. Going to watch clubs like Barca, Real, Bayern, Inter, Milan play their league games isn't that expensive.

I'd still pay it though. To watch the difference between us and them at the same price it costs to watch us try to draw at Millwall.

Tis expensive though.

Is there any guarantee they'll field a full strength side? Or will it just be real's reserves or youths.

Barcelona played a friendly last summer and there was a bit of fall out because they didnt play Messi or they didnt play him for long.

I think the club felt ripped off. I think they claimed Barca had agreed to play Messi.

Can't remember the club and the details are sketchy.

• 3 weeks later...

Just Kicked Off

Real Madrid Starting XI: Diego Lopez, Carvajal, Nacho, Pepe, Coentrao, Modric, Khedira, Ronaldo, Isco, Özil, Benzema.

Bournemouth fans can't complain.. That's a very strong starting 11 by Real Madrid

Agreed - fair play to them.

Christ they really don't like Casillas at the mintue.

Spanish players that competed at the Confederations Cup have been given an extended holiday..

Casillas will be back as number 1 soon.. But alongside Ramos and Arbeloa they're still on their vacations

The same goes for Marcelo too..

Archived