John Eustace

DcFc Dyycheee

Having watched th me Burton game I think there are a few things that Eustace can bring to the side.

Bearing in mind these are compared to the other 3 central midfielders Hughes Hendrick and Bryson

Tackling in midfield to help break up the play (will also win most 50/50s).

Aerial presence.

Knowing when to play football and passing it around but also when to clear it and avoid the opposition snatching it off us.

Communication.

I'm not saying Hughes Hendrick and Bryson are weak in the tackle or they struggle defensively but last season there was too many times when the opposition weren't closed down on the edge of the area.

Same with Aerial presence Hendrick can head the ball but Bryson and Hughes cannot. Eustace is very capable in the air. This will help in play but also in dead ball situations i.e. corners where I feel we will be less likely to concede.

The knowing when to play one I feel is important, I find Hendrick tries to keep the ball and gets caught easily. Hughes can usually fool the opponent enough to find a pass.

Finally communication. He is a leader on the pitch and you can see that shouting orders however I myself am slightly unsure as to how important this is.

And let's face it, it's not as if he will be starting every game. He does bring something to the team that we lacked last season, which you have mentioned.

A good signing, unless your 12 years old and think we should be better than man utd.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And let's face it, it's not as if he will be starting every game. He does bring something to the team that we lacked last season, which you have mentioned.

A good signing, unless your 12 years old and think we should be better than man utd.

Agreed he won't play much but offers something different which could be valuable to the team

I'm not saying Hughes Hendrick and Bryson are weak in the tackle

If you won't say it then I WILL...

They are weak in the tackle... Hughes not much better (makes the occassional decent tackle but he's too lightweight to play that role)

So anyone who doesn't rate this signing is 12 years old?

Again, another crazy statement.

Nobody as seen him play a competitive game since his loan sin with us, how can anyone possibly judge the bloke on afew pre season games against league two sides? Theo Robinson is looking sharp in recent games, does this mean he merits a role at the club too?

We've had plenty of Eustace type of players over the years and how many were a success? Bob Malcom anyone? Why is age so vital? How many over 32 year olds did we have in the play off season? A season where we had Jones, Lupoli, Barnes, Holmes, Nyatanga, Smith, Camp....

Nobody as seen him play a competitive game since his loan sin with us, how can anyone possibly judge the bloke on afew pre season games against league two sides? Theo Robinson is looking sharp in recent games, does this mean he merits a role at the club too?

We've had plenty of Eustace type of players over the years and how many were a success? Bob Malcom anyone? Why is age so vital? How many over 32 year olds did we have in the play off season? A season where we had Jones, Lupoli, Barnes, Holmes, Nyatanga, Smith, Camp....

Theo Robinson scored against Buxton, holy ****! Bet Manchester United are planning to swoop for him now.

Having a 33 year old doesn't mean you won't get promoted. I bet you'd take kevin Phillips any day of the week.

Exactly, so why judge so early yourself?

Theo Robinson scored against Buxton, holy ****! Bet Manchester United are planning to swoop for him now.

Having a 33 year old doesn't mean you won't get promoted. I bet you'd take kevin Phillips any day of the week.

You're comparing John Eustace to a player who in recent years has scored more than any of our strikers, good one.

Lets compare him to Lampard whilst were at it.

Bisgaard, Edworthy, Camara, Johnson, Pesch, Currie and Moore, 

So, 7.

If you read back afew posts, I actually said it isn't a bad signing...

Just shows we are skint. I never once said he's a shocking signing, i just find it strange we are aiming so low bringing in someone who is close to retirement and hasn't featured for two seasons -considering Rush said this window would be "exciting" at ever forum he visited and money is available to spend.

Why not spend it on 26-30 year old brick house?

If you read back afew posts, I actually said it isn't a bad signing...

Just shows we are skint. I never once said he's a shocking signing, i just find it strange we are aiming so low bringing in someone who is close to retirement and hasn't featured for two seasons -considering Rush said this window would be "exciting" at ever forum he visited and money is available to spend.

Why not spend it on 26-30 year old brick house?

Like who?

Bisgaard, Edworthy, Camara, Johnson, Pesch, Currie and Moore, 

So, 7.

Bisgaard won the Danish title and played for Denmark previously.

Edworthy was an instrumental part at Norwich and the first name on the team sheat.

Johnson, I'm assuming you mean Michael and not Seth? Same as the above, had a cup final and recent premiership experience under his belt.

Moore was signed from a premiership side, won promotions and featured in numerous team of the years.

Peschisolido scored goals wherever he's played

Currie became garbage since leaving Ipswich, no Derby fan rated him.

Camara played at the top level with Celtic, again nobody here rated him

Eustace...? Last played in the premiership in 2002/03, hasn't been a regularly since the 2011/12 season, was a disappointment here previously...

Cant argue with this but let's see how it goes when we kick off the new campaign. Eustace might be our Dave MACKAY lol. Eustace is the hard man we need. Been saying for ages we need a hard holding midfielder for away games and last 20 in home games.

This.

It didn't stop Leicester paying £500,000 to sign Oakley in 2008, when he was 31.

We've needed a reliable player to come on for the last 20 minutes to prevent the opposition team scoring a late goal for the past 4 seasons now! In time, i'm sure someone like Hendrick or Bryson can become that player as either of them will probably make another 40 appearances this year.

As the Watford fan has stated, his role he has around the club and on youth development is extremely positive - which is an added bonus for Clough.

Bisgaard won the Danish title and played for Denmark previously.

Edworthy was an instrumental part at Norwich and the first name on the team sheat.

Johnson, I'm assuming you mean Michael and not Seth? Same as the above, had a cup final and recent premiership experience under his belt.

Moore was signed from a premiership side, won promotions and featured in numerous team of the years.

Peschisolido scored goals wherever he's played

Currie became garbage since leaving Ipswich, no Derby fan rated him.

Camara played at the top level with Celtic, again nobody here rated him

Eustace...? Last played in the premiership in 2002/03, hasn't been a regularly since the 2011/12 season, was a disappointment here previously...

Eustace claimed Player's player of the year and has made 381 appearences making more appearances than any other player in our first choice starting 11. (Grant, Brayford, Keogh, Buxton, Forsyth, Coutts, Hughes, Hendrick, Ward, Russell, Martin)

C'mon man, you can't surely base John Eustaces career solely on a performance two seasons back.

I can flip the whole thing by saying THREE seasons ago, Sammon scored for fun at Killie and now folk here reckon he's not a goal scorer.

Bob Malcom had a superb debut against Wolves, the rest of the games is history so they say.

Not sure where all this is coming from... When the Whitehead rumours were doing the rounds people were saying he's exactly the type of player that we need but his wages were the problem. Now we've got that type of player on a free for the season.

I've come to the realisation that real life isn't football manager where you can sign players for big fees all the time. We know we need to improve in a couple more areas however were going to have to wait untill next season and make do with these type of deals untill then, thats the real world for clubs like us.

Archived