Good Vibrations

DerbyShrew

In all genuineness, wasnt trying to be negative, when I saw the post about being genuinely excited and drawing parallels with quality players such as Rasiak and Idiakez I felt compelled to reply, if we had players like those 2 in the team then I would feel genuinely excited about the forthcoming season as well, but we don't. Not worth falling out over. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are chip-pissers the new wrist-slashers?

Edit:

Sorry Notts - this isn't aimed at you - it's a general comment. I think the term 'wrist-slasher' is as silly as 'happy clapper' and want to come up with more light-hearted alternatives.

Are you telling me that there is something wrong with what I posted? I was quite careful with my choice of words (for once).

I've had my differences with a couple of moderators / administrators on here in the last few weeks, and I hold my hands up and say that I have definitely been in the wrong on those occasions, but if you are seriously telling me that I am not entitled to post what I just did, then say so now.

As far as opinions are concerned, am I not entitled to mine too, especially in a thread entitled "good vibrations"?

Well not particularly, just a reminder that it takes all sorts to make the world go round, and as you appeared pretty condemning with your opinion of his..err, opinion. And you're entitled to your opinion about his opinion (IMO).

If you weren't entitled to post what you did, I could pull it, I'm a no messin' ginger with an avatar of a grumpy Steve Bloomer to show I mean business.

As you were....

Well not particularly, just a reminder that it takes all sorts to make the world go round, and as you appeared pretty condemning with your opinion of his..err, opinion. And you're entitled to your opinion about his opinion (IMO).

If you weren't entitled to post what you did, I could pull it, I'm a no messin' ginger with an avatar of a grumpy Steve Bloomer to show I mean business.

As you were....

You do go on & on & on & on & on

Knocked another unconscious as well.

Ah, wasn't aware of that.

I just don't like him as a person either. He was on The Graham Norton Show not long ago and, whilst other people were telling their stories/plugging their latest conquests, he was the biggest attention-seeking d1ck ever. Pretended to fall asleep, went and sat on another guest's lap for no reason and was just generally either drunk or high. Even Norton was getting tired of him.

In all genuineness, wasnt trying to be negative, when I saw the post about being genuinely excited and drawing parallels with quality players such as Rasiak and Idiakez I felt compelled to reply, if we had players like those 2 in the team then I would feel genuinely excited about the forthcoming season as well, but we don't. Not worth falling out over.

Just to clarify, I wasn't drawing any parallels with players like Rasiak and Idiakez, I said I hadn't looked forward to a season this much since we had those players.

I'm interested to know where all this unbridled optimism has come from. We've only signed 3 players and are still stuck with the majority of the deadwood that were put up for sale at the end of the season. Add to that that we may well lose Brayford before the start of the new season and I just don't see the grounds for believing we are going to be a promotion chasing side come 2013/14. Maybe I'm just not 'on message'!!

I'm interested to know where all this unbridled optimism has come from. We've only signed 3 players and are still stuck with the majority of the deadwood that were put up for sale at the end of the season. Add to that that we may well lose Brayford before the start of the new season and I just don't see the grounds for believing we are going to be a promotion chasing side come 2013/14. Maybe I'm just not 'on message'!!

Well it's just a feeling, I'm not saying we should all be positive and I can understand why you wouldn't be, my Dad 66 years old is a bit pessimistic about Nigel Clough in general but I can't help but think it's because he was spoilt being able to watch us under Ol big head.

For me the best football I've seen is under Jim Smith and George Burley and I like the way we are progressing at the moment. The championship has a fine line between relegation battle and playoffs and I just think we may tip the balance in favour of playoffs this season. Agree with keeping Brayford though. If we lose him were going down and Nigel out ;-)

Good for you, wasnt trying to rain on your parade or anything, if you feel optimistic about next season then dont want to lose that feeling. My sense of optimism has been gradually eroded every summer since we were relegated from the Premiership and maybe coincidentally Clough coming in as manager, still believe we will be suffering from the fall out from our relegation for at least another 5 years conservatively.

Good for you, wasnt trying to rain on your parade or anything, if you feel optimistic about next season then dont want to lose that feeling. My sense of optimism has been gradually eroded every summer since we were relegated from the Premiership and maybe coincidentally Clough coming in as manager, still believe we will be suffering from the fall out from our relegation for at least another 5 years conservatively.

You need to move to Derbyshire, laddie.

Are you telling me that thereh is something wrong with what I posted? I was quite careful with my choice of words (for once).

I've had my differences with a couple of moderators / administrators on here in the last few weeks, and I hold my hands up and say that I have definitely been in the wrong on those occasions, but if you are seriously telling me that I am not entitled to post what I just did, then say so now.

As far as opinions are concerned, am I not entitled to mine too, especially in a thread entitled "good vibrations"?

looks like i've missed all the fun again :(

I wouldn't be so sure, Duracell's got even more power now... he can delete things and everything. Wish I could delete things, mostly things I've said.

I'll never forgive Utch for what he did to Lisa.

I feel the same way - usually the next day.

Get up at 7:00 am, check last night's posts, cringe, logoff, sneak back at 6:30 pm

Are you really sure that you support Derby?

I don't think I've ever come across such a consistently miserable, negative poster on any DCFC forum since that Yankee Doodle character a few years ago.

And what a t.osser he was, used to spy on me at away games! Never did find out who it was!

Archived