Bohemians v Derby County

Day

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yeah make sure you fight with them.. just like it would happen between any teams because its the England - Ireland rivalry.

If I see ANY Derby County fan causing any sort of trouble at all, he will have me to reckon with - and he WILL live to regret it.

If he lives.

Bohs 0-3 Rams, FGS Martin. Lots of drinking but no crowd trouble. There may be an incident in Dublin Centre later involving a Nottingham stag do!

I have no problem with that - especially if conversations about Greek-based Algerian internationals who refuse to take their medical at the shitty ground are involved.

Oh yeah make sure you fight with them.. just like it would happen between any teams because its the England - Ireland rivalry.

Well that would would be stupid considering the number of Irish based Derby fans that will be attending.

NIGEL Clough will take a squad of 22 players to Dublin for Derby County’s first friendly of pre-season.

Each player will be given 45 minutes of action as Clough plans to use two different XIs against League of Ireland side Bohemians at Dalymount Park tomorrow (3pm).

New signings Lee Grant, Craig Forsyth, Chris Martin and Johnny Russell will travel, as will midfielder John Eustace, who has been training with the Rams.

The squad will also feature Jamie Hanson, a 17-year-old central defender or midfielder who caught the eye with his performances for the under-18 and under-21 teams last season.

Five of the six players who have been made available for transfer are not in the squad. They are Nathan Tyson, Theo Robinson, James Bailey, James O’Connor and Tom Naylor.

Goalkeeper Adam Legzdins, who makes up the six, is in the squad.

“We can only really take the 20 outfield players to Dublin, and to Devon next week,” said Clough.

“If we did not have so many bodies, we would take the others but it seems sensible to take the players we are going to be concentrating on.

“Adam Legzdins will go because Saul Deeney has got an ankle injury. We will try to get everybody some time at some level over the next couple of weeks.”

Derby’s pre-season programme also sees them play at Port Vale, Bristol Rovers and Burton Albion, and against West Bromwich Albion at Pride Park Stadium.

The squad will spend a few days at a training camp in Devon between the Port Vale and Bristol Rovers games.

Clough has said he will look at a number of formations during pre-season as the Rams build to the start of the Championship season.

Their opening League fixture is at home to Blackburn Rovers on August 4.

“We will look at a few different things as much as we can,” said Clough, “but we are still going to have an eye on the Blackburn game. We still need to get a settled side out in time for that.

“So, in the first two or three friendlies, we might change it around a bit and try one or two things. But once we get into the Burton and West Brom games, then we will be trying to get towards our starting 11 to face Blackburn.”

Clough has been pleased with the players’ attitude during pre-season and delighted to have picked up no injuries in the first two weeks.

“Usually you get a player or two dropping out,” he said. “One missed a session with illness, another with a stiff back but, apart from that, everybody has come through unscathed so far.

“I think that is down to the way the players have looked after themselves in the summer. They are a bit fitter than they were this time last year.”

“They have worked extremely hard.

“In some ways it has been the easy part, the hard part comes now when you play matches.”

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Rams-squad-22-play-45-minutes-Bohemians/story-19509603-detail/story.html

Matchday chat open tomorrow yay or nay?

There will be no commentary I asked the club on Twitter, just the highlights on Rams Player but no doubt live updates will be on twitter.

Yay

I make it 24 players that could potentially be going so which 2 of these will be missing out?

Ball

Bennett

Brayford

Bryson

Bucko

Coutts

Davies

Doyle

Eustace

Forsyth

Freeman

Gjorkaj

Grant

Hanson

Hendrick

Hoganson

Jacobs

Keogh

Lez

Martin

Martin

Russell

Sammon

Ward

I make it 24 players that could potentially be going so which 2 of these will be missing out?

Ball

Bennett

Brayford

Bryson

Bucko

Coutts

Davies

Doyle

Eustace

Forsyth

Freeman

Gjorkaj

Grant

Hanson

Hendrick

Hoganson

Jacobs

Keogh

Lez

Martin

Martin

Russell

Sammon

Ward

Doyle is over in America so that's one, the other I'd say one of the two Martin's

Archived