Bohemians v Derby County

Day

It's basically a summer sport in RoI and runs from March to November. Bohs and Shelbourne are traditionally two of the stronger sides, but are struggling badly this season. A financial deal which would have seen Bohs sell their ground and move to a new stadium a few years ago collapsed horribly, and left them in severe financial difficulty. 

Interestingly, a decade ago Pereplotkins played for them.

Eddie Shels hasn't been a top team since 2006 when Ollie Byrne and his backroom staff cheated their way to the league title against us (Derry City). Since then they spend a few years in Division 1 before returning to the Premier last year for the first time in 6 years.

Bohs are a bad team and I imagine the reserves will make up the team as Bohs are playing Dundalk the night before. I would imagine Derby to score 5 with Ward scoring 2, Hendrick, Russell and maybe someone like Conor Doyle

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eddie Shels hasn't been a top team since 2006 when Ollie Byrne and his backroom staff cheated their way to the league title against us (Derry City). Since then they spend a few years in Division 1 before returning to the Premier last year for the first time in 6 years.

Bohs are a bad team and I imagine the reserves will make up the team as Bohs are playing Dundalk the night before. I would imagine Derby to score 5 with Ward scoring 2, Hendrick, Russell and maybe someone like Conor Doyle

Yeah, I seem to recall some shenanigans with Shelbourne's finances and their subsequent demotion back when I worked in Dub, and I also remember an awful lot of bad blood between Shels and Derry. Anyway, Olly Byrne's dead now. I wouldn't speak ill of Doughty, and I'm not going to speak ill of Byrne.

5-1 

russell (2), ward, sammon and hendrick

nah who am i kidding buxton will get all five   :D

In a 5-1 win, Buxton will get all 7.

Archived