Coventry groundshare - could it be us?

Gritty

Coventry are looking to groundshare: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22820143

I frankly this is just negotiating tactics to force the owners of the stadium to give them a lease that they actually have a hope in hell of paying.  Otherwise the owners have a stadium they can't do much with and that isn't good for them

But let's say the bluff is called.  Would we be willing to ground share with Coventry for a season?

Personally, I wouldn't want it long term and I wouldn't want pride Park to be a joint stadium in the sense that the seats / ground had dual branding.  But letting Coventry share for a season or two, halving (ot at least reducing) our costs of running the stadium and freeing up a bit more money for the wage bill for a season or two, sounds OK to me?

I can't recall how much it costs to run the stadium. Someone with access to the public accounts might be able to give an idea?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say, I suspect that given they are looking at crowds of 3k to 6k (from the article) they probably would look for a smaller stadium as I assume the costs of sharing would be cheaper.  So doubt it would be us.  

More wondering how supporters woudl react in theory

Yes; Leicester more obvious (although maybe the politics of local rivalries would prevent that)

As I say, I doubt Derby are one of the three. It's just that by mentioning 30 miles I was wondering who that would include?  And really just interested what people would think about it

Archived