sam rush interview.

SuperSheep

What? in every other interview?

Everyone know's we've signed Grant and Martin, so why the continuous quotes from Clough and Rush about it?

How many players have Portsmouth signed? Serious question.

And why isn't he bragging about the guys who have agreed contract extensions (Doyle, Deeney, Davies, Atkins...)? Afteral we've secured those "quality" players for atleast another season haven't we?

If you're talking to a manager or CEO barely two weeks into after-season preparation, then atleast having two deals done is something of interest and use, there's little else to say so early on for most clubs.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's said the same thing for the past two months though dude!

Since the fans forum, he's harped on about four or five players coming in.

Now it's the daily comments about us already having two arrivals in Martin and Grant.

I'd be more concerned about keeping hold of Brayford - doing the talking with him and his agent, than finger ringing the Telegraph and Radio Derby.

Well two deals are confirmed, and have only been so since the 17th-ish, so he hasn't had that long to talk about those two. He has to speak about them, as it's all we've had go on so far, aside from the players put up for transfer and the batch today who've signed new contracts.

If he's asked in an interview, he can't very well not mention them, considering it's the only key news so far (it's the only key news two weeks after the season ended, mind you).

I'm pretty sure the Brayford negotiations will go on regardless of what tom-foolery he's getting up to media wise, Brayford appears to be waiting on offers and if none suitable come in, he'll stay. If a decent Prem side does bid enough, they'll sell and he'll go. That appears to be where it's at.

Aside from bunging twice the wages at Brayford in a bid to keep him, I'm not sure how much negotiation could be done anyway. 

He's said the same thing for the past two months though dude!

Since the fans forum, he's harped on about four or five players coming in.

Now it's the daily comments about us already having two arrivals in Martin and Grant.

I'd be more concerned about keeping hold of Brayford - doing the talking with him and his agent, than finger ringing the Telegraph and Radio Derby.

Some people have the capacity to multi-task.

Unfortunately, that's not an attribute that can be applied to some on here (not necessarily you) who are only capable of moaning.

The Derby Telegraph and Burton Mail want summat to put on their back page, a snippet of news about a potential signing or a mildly controversial statement from Clough or Rush will sell more papers than Mickleover Sports latest fundraising raffle so we shunt be surprised they constantly want quotes from them.

Its a game, give the press a daily/weekly statement and the reporters are happy......our problem is that we look too deeply into every sentence they utter.....I can't remember moaning about every signing or non-signing bitd, not even in our 3rd division days, just couldn't wait for the season to start...........guess i'm lucky i still feel that. :D

Everyone know's we've signed Grant and Martin, so why the continuous quotes from Clough and Rush about it?

And why isn't he bragging about the guys who have agreed contract extensions (Doyle, Deeney, Davies, Atkins...)? Afteral we've secured those "quality" players for atleast another season haven't we?

Well when 'every other interview' amounts to 2 or 3 interviews, yes I would expect him to mention them.

I have no idea how many players Portsmouth nor do I care, nor would I try and draw a comparison with a club that had next to no players under contract at the end of last season.

He is probably not 'bragging' about the contract extensions because he says them as run of the mill extensions that have not added anything to the squad that we didn't already have. I don't really remember him coming out bragging when Hughes signed a one year extension either.

I'm not asking you not to moan about DCFC but for Gods sake stop trying to turn absolutely everything into a negative rant against the club/board/CEO/manager. It's getting very monotonous and just makes people gloss over any valid points you may make from time to time.

Well when 'every other interview' amounts to 2 or 3 interviews, yes I would expect him to mention them.

I have no idea how many players Portsmouth nor do I care, nor would I try and draw a comparison with a club that had next to no players under contract at the end of last season.

He is probably not 'bragging' about the contract extensions because he says them as run of the mill extensions that have not added anything to the squad that we didn't already have. I don't really remember him coming out bragging when Hughes signed a one year extension either.

I'm not asking you not to moan about DCFC but for Gods sake stop trying to turn absolutely everything into a negative rant against the club/board/CEO/manager. It's getting very monotonous and just makes people gloss over any valid points you may make from time to time.

Such as.....?

Change the manager, ask for the funds from the owners, doing numerous fans forums, setting a target of reaching the play offs, telling the fans the better players wouldn't be sold, resisting any temptation to flog Hughes by getting him signed up to a new deal...

And the point of my post? Well, I'm allowed to say something negative surely. People only seem to highlight the negatives I post, not the positives for some unknown reason.

It's Radio Derby who play the same statements over and over again   -  or - quote from previous interviews  -  or break up interviews into snippets and use them continuously  -   and then when they get a new interview ask the same questions all over again.

At least Rush put some thought into his interview yesterday , unlike Slick Glick, and Radio Derby didn't get chance to edit prior to  broadcast.  There were a occasions when he took the initiative and prevented the usual negative approach to a topic such that he is left having to justify his answer / opinion.  It was Rush who asked to share  his opinion of Nigel  -   he didn't wait for the inevitable 'do you think Clough will be in charge next year ? '  

Radio Derby love to create a story where there isn't one  -   usually negative  -  and we are on the receiving end .....................

Change the manager, ask for the funds from the owners, doing numerous fans forums, setting a target of reaching the play offs, telling the fans the better players wouldn't be sold, resisting any temptation to flog Hughes by getting him signed up to a new deal...

And the point of my post? Well I'm allowed to say something negative surely. People only see, to highlight the negatives I post, not the positives for some unknown reason.

Blah, whatever

The first time I recall seeing you write anything positive about our club or anyone related to it and I really just don't get any of it!

Has Rush changed the manager? NO

Has Rush asked the owners for funds? MAYBE If so, have we seen these funds? NO

Has Rush done fans forums? YES Did Glick? YES

Has Rush set a target of reaching play offs? YES Did Glick? YES

Has Glick told the fans the best players won't be sold? NO I suggest you re-read what he has really said on this matter because as has always been the policy, it appears if we get bids that match the managers valuation of players then everybody is up for sale

Has Rush resisted temptation to flog Hughes? NO If anything I think he has been put in the shop window although we have made it clear we would want him on loan for a year

Rush is saying Baptiste wage demands were staggering allegedly. But its not as if we would be paying say 2 million transfer fee as he's on a free. I now see that Rush wants the Rams to get bargains all the time which is not realistic IMO and still gain promotion to the Prem in this day and age. Even if we made it by the play offs I would doubt our sustainability with these owners.

But surely it's about paying the wages we think the player is worth? We're talking about a guy who's a relatively solid championship defender so at some point we have to be able to say "we're not paying you more than this" and walk away... If Bolton offered him £100k a week are we saying we should beat that?

I keep looking but the only answer I can give to that is,

When? I've not seen anything valid at all. Ever.

The first time I recall seeing you write anything positive about our club or anyone related to it and I really just don't get any of it!

Has Rush changed the manager? NO

Has Rush asked the owners for funds? MAYBE If so, have we seen these funds? NO

Has Rush done fans forums? YES Did Glick? YES

Has Rush set a target of reaching play offs? YES Did Glick? YES

Has Glick told the fans the best players won't be sold? NO I suggest you re-read what he has really said on this matter because as has always been the policy, it appears if we get bids that match the managers valuation of players then everybody is up for sale

Has Rush resisted temptation to flog Hughes? NO If anything I think he has been put in the shop window although we have made it clear we would want him on loan for a year

I'm glad you've taken the times to read through each of my posts then mate.

He said this coming season would be a push towards the play offs, am I correct? Yes

He said he is going to be hammering on the owners door for investments, am I correct? Yes

He stated numerous times we don't have to sell, am I correct? Yes

Then you say we haven't seen these funds yet - only previously you or someone else said it was only two weeks after the season had ended..

Why are you mentioning Glick so much and comparing the two? He's been and gone. Glick said alot of things and personally in my OPINION he wasn't the right man for the job, especially on the transfers front, he said this himself...

You say Hughes is in the shop window; another unproven remark and something which will go over everyone's head. When the CEO and manager have said a dozen times this week alone he will be here at the start of the season.

So either you're making that guess up or you don't trust the management. Quite funny you insult my posts for being negative when you're the only suggesting Hughes is in the shop window isn't it?

You make a good point. All I'm saying is Bolton are showing ambition and its not certain to pay off but it may well. Back to the Rams we are taking a route of bargains on our wage structure plus players from the academy. We can't afford not to get a CB in even if on loan due to the Barker an OB injury situation so its down to looking for a bargain. If we get promoted I will be delighted but equally if we don't which can be said about all NPC teams we will drop further behind the parachute payment clubs year on year. Answer to this is Cloughie doing the business but he need to make the right calls. He's really under pressure now to deliver.

Curtains, its far too early to even judge. Players cannot physically sign for clubs yet (unless unattached and/or free), so why get in a tiz? We don't know for certain how much money, if any, will be spent and on what standard of player.

Personally, I think Baptiste is clumsy and no better than Keogh (who is also massively over-rated!). I'd rather someone a bit more composed and intelligent anyway.

Your comment about bargains, albeit quite educated based upon recent history, is still unfair at this stage as there hasn't been any opprtunity to do otherwise. It's like accusing someone pregnant of being a bad parent even though the baby hasn't been born yet.

Archived