Your favorite Pride Park goal

PrivateDerby

I know we've had favorite Derby County goal ever a few times before but now it's time to pick any goal scored at Pride Park from 1997-2013 and put the youtube clip up if available... I suppose it can be scored by either us or the away team but mainly the mighty mighty Derby.

SAY HO WO EAT MY GOAL

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oakley against WBA in the promotion season for me.

Carried it from about half way then smashed it in from around 30 yards.

Beauty.

Couldn't agree more. I sit right behind that goal and had a cracking view of it. Oakley was a class act.

Jake against Forest is my second-favourite. My favourite was Rob Hulse's goal against Sheffield United in 2008, to end nearly a year without a win.

That hasn't been mentioned Sturridge's chip against Arsenal and Pesch against F*r#st with the assist off Kenco. Loved Mawene's against Southampton when we won 1-0 funny as they come. Rob Green's air kick for Norwich from a back pass from the half way line was funny as well!!

<p>Coffee cup goal for me. That's going to remain in Derby folklore forever.</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>For a club with two league titles, an FA Cup and a&nbsp;European cup semi, we've really done very little since 1997 of significance.</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>Over half the fixtures played there have been in the second tier, it's seen the worst season of all time and its two biggest matches have arguably been a playoff semi and League Cup semi.</p>

God knows why, but Kinkladze's free kick against Rotherham 10 or so years ago, I think it may have put us 1-0 up and we went on to win by 3? Correct me if I'm wrong. It was a gem of a free kick. The atmosphere was decent that day too which is why it sticks in my mind! "Ohhhh wanky wankyyyy. Wanky wanky wanky wanky Rotherham!"

That and Jake Buxton's 90th+ minute winner against Forest. Oh and Idiakez scoring from a corner against the vile Stoke.

Archived