Academy U18s Squad

Stimacked

This is the real Nigel - just because he comes across in a certain way in some interviews, people make judgments. Whilst I can understand some people prefer a different presentation style, surely the most important thing is how he runs the club internally. To me, he cares about this club more than any other manager could but of course, results will be the ultimate deciding factor.

Good post.

I think some fans want a wise-cracking  'Arry Redknapp-type joshing and bigging himself up with the press. Nige isn't that man - and all the better for it imo.

The groundwork he's laying here will see us raite for the next 10 years even if he doesn't reap the benefits himself.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who would you say from the current under 18 / under 16 lot will go the furthest in football then and play at the highest level?

Max Lowe is almost the exactly same player as Ashley Cole I have watched him on numerous occasions same movement and ability to track back and read the game. You often get scouts sneaking into games pretending to be someone else. He must have a scout for him every 3 games.

He's the best technically in his position but there's a lot of really good players as well its just that he will be class. The wait for a 20 goal man might be over if Charles verham or Tom Mellor's get a chance both the definition of poachers both got movement and excellent finishers. Verham scored a hatrick in 6 mins for the u16s in his 2nd game. Then overall Mellor's has scored 19 in 14 games this season.

We have recently also recruited 2 England youth internationals at u16s and 4 Ireland Youth internationals at various levels.That's the reason we are making a trip to Ireland this summer. We have 3 full internationals and numerous youth hayes,tuite,wixsted etc.

If any forest fans that are posing on here then the argument for who is the better club should be summed up in the fact that 8 youth players from forest have cancelled their contracts with forest and joined derby in the last 3 years.

our owners/management have vowed not to be bullied by the big clubs anymore, but I do wonder how much the new rules could screw us over.

From the outside looking in, it seems they've been designed to benefit clubs that don't invest in youth development at both ends of the scale, at one end, the big clubs can just take your player for compensation based on time spent in the academy instead of ability (tribunal) and at the other end of the scale, the small clubs who cannot afford to invest in youth development receive more money (as a result of this deal) from the bigger clubs in the form of 'grass roots'.

our owners/management have vowed not to be bullied by the big clubs anymore, but I do wonder how much the new rules could screw us over.

From the outside looking in, it seems they've been designed to benefit clubs that don't invest in youth development at both ends of the scale, at one end, the big clubs can just take your player for compensation based on time spent in the academy instead of ability (tribunal) and at the other end of the scale, the small clubs who cannot afford to invest in youth development receive more money (as a result of this deal) from the bigger clubs in the form of 'grass roots'.

From my understanding the higher Category you are ranked the more money you get and can generate. We have been Category 3 for ages but recently applied for 2 got told that we are running as a 1 and therefore one of the best in the country. I read a story recently regard a Charlton youth player who Chelsea illegally approached and signed up. Chris Powell and his team took them to court and got 1.6 million (around that).Now 1.6 million for a 16 year old however good is worth the sale. As that player could get an injury and be out for a long time. I was speaking to Craig short and he told me that they use to know if a player was going to make it when they were 15 now they don't know intil 21.Andy garner told Nigel clough that Will Hughes would make because he isn't physically up to it.Clough told him that he will make and be a great. Now if that's not something to put in your Biography I don't what is.

U21s now a stable team

The change from reserve football to u21 football is one that has showed many clubs up when it comes to having depth with some clubs still using as reserve football. But in Derby's case it was mixed this season some games were competitive and then some were

just players walking around as it was a team of outcasts. But next season it will be a good watch as it will finally be used for its purpose as a team of Development between the u18s and first team.

The team from what I have been told is as follows

Etheridge

Hayes     Lelan        Val        Hoganson

Wixsted    Dales    Dawkins      Sharpe

Bennett         Ball

Great Small and quick and Big and strong Partnership upfront.

A Lad from Fc Groningen has been offered a trial.(I will get his name this week).Then Marc Mcnulty impressed and will try and get him back permanently.

Archived